Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Taken from www.nowandthen.co.uk

DATE POSTED : MONDAY 19th JANUARY 2004
Power Quest...

Power Quest's NeverWorld, the follow up to Wings of Forever, will be released in Europe on March 15th. The album was recorded at Thin Ice (Threshold, between with production handled by Karl Groom. The recordings were then taken up to Mastertone studios in Runcorn where the mixing was done by Pete Coleman (AC/DC, Paradise Lost, Gary Hughes etc). The results are superb to say the least. Power Quest bring a whole new dimension to the Power Metal Genre. Along with the traditional galloping rhythms, soaring vocals and triumphant choruses of tracks like “NeverWorld (Power Quest Part II)", "Sacred Land", "Well Of Souls" and the stunning "Temple Of Fire" the band adds huge balladry ("When I`m Gone") and incredible melodic rock tracks such as "Edge Of Time" and "For Evermore", where elements of TNT and Royal Hunt meet up to deliver huge anthemic slabs of rock. The CD also contains a multimedia section featuring a video for the track "Edge Of Time" and other cool extras.

In Japan, "NeverWorld" reached number 5 in the HMV Metal Chart and number 14 in the Burrn! magazine Album Chart, serving to establish the band over there and eventually the album was included in the top 20 Power Metal albums of the year feature.

The buzz on the band is building up strongly in Europe also. Power Quest were voted 4th best British band in the PowerPlay 2002 readers awards poll and anticipation is high with regard to the new album within metal circles.

Here's what the guys at Alices Records said about Neverworld. "...We've been playing it full blast in Alice's Towers this morning... and I can only say one thing. I thought that "Wings" was bloody excellent but this is f****** AWESOME"

Here's what they said about "Neverworld" at MetalReviews.com "...The last time a speedy melodic power metal album affected me like this was Freedom Call's Eternity album and before that, Sonata Arctica's Ecliptica and Stratovarius' Visions album. Every track on this new album is solid start to finish and all have the type of catchy, memorable choruses that get stuck in your head for days on end. Power Quest may not be the most original band in the genre but they have improved immensely from their last album and have mastered their craft. Fans of classic speedy melodic power metal along the likes of Helloween, Sonata Arctica and Freedom Call should not hesitate in picking this one up. It comes highly recommended and may even be in my top 5 of the year so far. Amazing job guys!!!!

Here`s what Metal Covenant has to say about "NeverWorld" "The new year couldn't possibly has seen a better start with releases like this. I strongly recommend this latest Power Quest effort to not only the already exisisting crowd of fans but to every reader that's in to bands like Sonata Arctica, Freedom Call and the like."

A tour is currently being planned to help promote the release. Further details will be announced as soon as dates are finalised.