O/T: Metallica's Own Label, Blackened Records

ThraxMan

Metal Madman
Feb 15, 2002
Northern Michigan
Visit site
I was looking at Garage Inc on Amazon and they have the 2013 edition from Blackened/Rhino Records. My question is, does anyone know if its the explicit version? The listing does NOT say. Thanks!

I haven't bought any of the new pressings of any of their records but it was said that the CDs themselves are identical to the latest Elektra/Warner releases. They aren't remastered or re-engineered.

I'm torn over that. Kind of love AJFA the way it is from a nostalgia point of view with the bass sorely lacking in the mix.

At the same time would be amazing just to hear the record with a Bob Rock Black album style sound.

I'm torn over that. Kind of love AJFA the way it is from a nostalgia point of view with the bass sorely lacking in the mix.

At the same time would be amazing just to hear the record with a Bob Rock Black album style sound.

They should release it as a double disc.
Disc 1. The original mix.
Disc 2. Remixed with bass.

Ajfa is probably the most complete album,I haven't listened to it for years but I always liked how it sounded,why change it?
I concur with the others though, if that same album had the bass tone of the black album it would probably be my favorite album ever. It's just so flat with no bass.

I concur with the others though, if that same album had the bass tone of the black album it would probably be my favorite album ever. It's just so flat with no bass.

Good point,remember reading old dimebag interviews etc where he said Metallica taught him a lot about getting heavy guitar sound and getting everything sounding good onto tape etc mentioned it was very hard to get everything sounding heavy etc,I do know they fucked the bass up but I think it was destined to be that way,I'm guessing it was a lot more difficult getting tones and everything right?