POWER QUEST TOUR with ANGRA and FIREWIND 2007

The maiden is right but there's still something not quite right here...a UK band made and praised in the UK isn't playing in their home country on their biggest tour yet??? Surely this can't be happening?

That's a shame about the lack of UK date, but there's no way any blame can be put on any of the bands, I'm sure Angra were dying to get back over.

I'm surprised that some metal promoter has'nt taken up the chance of having the ULTIMATE Power Metal gig over in England, what with the huge popularity of the genre at the moment.

Either way, see ya'll in Paris!

Are we gonna have a meet-up of some sort over there? I'm going alone :(

eeee hell yeah we're having a meet up, Han wants to PARTY! :D (I apologise in advance if I become over friendly and start attacking anyone with my camera....)

i gave bob the sad face last night coz theres no UK date :(

Coolaboola, I've no idea what Paris is like to partay in, I'm sure the gig will be quite the party though :)

I must go down early to meet my idol Kiko Loureiro, any idea what time the bands have to be at the venue for Steve?

we SO have to go party at the Le Cabaret afterwards :D its my fave fave fave place to party in Paris :D (but its pretty up market and the bouncers are well strict) or theres Harry's Bar, then we can all have Bloody Marys :D and theres alway Le Fumoir if u just wanna sit and chill...im WELL excited, i want to party now :(

EDIT* ooh check it, my mate suggested this place.. CLICK! is anyone going to any other french dates?

I sha'nt be partying afterwards, I'm sooo too young :)

I looked into going to the Lyon gig the night before, but it would have added around an extra 150/200 euros onto an already expensive trip :(

hmmm this trip is coming out of my student loan..which mean i wont be able to afford to eat in the month before my next loan installment comes through..oh well itll be worth it :D

Well for me, I've been saving up for such a trip, I planned on going to Paris anyway, and when these dates were announced, I booked it..

Flights cost me 120 euros, hotel 100 euro a night, gig ticket 30 euro, and I'll need spending moneys :(

I would'nt be able for the Eurostar, I'm so claustrophobic! Flying is bad enough :(

How far is Montmartre from Paris City Centre?

everything in paris central is in walking distance...or u could use the metro...*shudder* i think monmartre is near the louvre..thats where i was staying last time i went to paris :) shouldnt be hard to find, its not like its manchester or leeds where everything makes complete and utter nonsense...... PFF

I would'nt touch the metro, that's along the same lines as the Eurostar :(

I've been told that Montmartre is like Temple Bar in Dublin, it's like a complete different town in the middle of the city, so that should be pretty cool :D

Is there many metal shops etc in the area?

PS. I HAVE to meet Angra :p

:lol: its funny because its SO true..aanyways, we digress how many people are going from here? I've (hopefully) got a couple people coming with me that are not on here..

not sure where to stay yet...