Questions!

DeathBlade

Aug 15, 2003
Chicago
First off, is Forest Stream in any way a progressive band? Second, what is: Only the glow reflecting in the eyes of "phrentics" ??

First off, what exactly do you mean by progressive band?
Second. Black Swans is a strange song. Lyrics was written under the impression the fact that our own country didn't need us. I had to leave... And by writing this I meant - The ones who owned my mother land were real phrenetics = maniacs, madmen. And they have burned every piece of beauty and wisdom, which was not of their own religion, like it was done in the Third Reich... books, paintings... And the only thing we were able to see when leaving was that glow, reflecting in their eyes. The eyes of madness...

O thanx. By progressive i mean "progressive metal." I always hear something like "this is a progressive band" or "progressive sound" and i am totally lost. So is forest stream a "progressive" band?

EDIT:

when u say phrentics do u mean fanatics? I understand what u are saying, but i lookedup phrentics and i didnt find it. Is it russian?
Actually when i look it up it asks me if i meant phrenics, and that means: That branch of science which relates to the mind; mental philosophy. So yeah, where did u get this word?

Also, could u explain what is the basis of last season purity? To me it seems to be a very romantic (like romantic lit) and seems to reach for the sublime. That song has always facinated me.

DeathBlade said:
O thanx. By progressive i mean "progressive metal." I always hear something like "this is a progressive band" or "progressive sound" and i am totally lost. So is forest stream a "progressive" band?

EDIT:

when u say phrentics do u mean fanatics? I understand what u are saying, but i lookedup phrentics and i didnt find it. Is it russian?
Actually when i look it up it asks me if i meant phrenics, and that means: That branch of science which relates to the mind; mental philosophy. So yeah, where did u get this word?

Well, I don't think FS is a progressive band because it develops. What you mean is probably progressive metal band. if so then it's not the case. Frantic Bleep is a progressive metal band. Their mp3s you can find in Elitist's forum.
Now about "phrenetics"
English is a disaster. Different english speaking peoples speak completely different english. I was discussing with Russell, who is a native speaker our new lyrics and he was telling me that saying "Calm is the water" sounds wrong. Well I trust him, but at the same time My Dying Bride's lyrics contains this construction in every damn song! "Calm is the sea" and stuff... they are native speakers as well, so who is right??
And now you say that "phrenetic" sound weird.. and I'd agree 'cause you are a native speaker, but I have heard native speakers using this word and then take a look at this

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/phrenetic

:dopey:

Sonm said:
I was discussing with Russell, who is a native speaker our new lyrics and he was telling me that saying "Calm is the water" sounds wrong. Well I trust him, but at the same time My Dying Bride's lyrics contains this construction in every damn song! "Calm is the sea" and stuff... they are native speakers as well, so who is right??

It seemed wrong in context, my fine sir ;) You had a "how" on the front, "How calm is the water" transforming it from a statement into a question, whereas you mean it as a statement. :Sonm: "Calm is the water" on it's own, my most excellent friend, is an unusual sentence structure, but MDB use it to make their lyrics sound more traditional/old EngLEEsh. It's all about these little things :D :lee:

Reading this makes me want to visit Bel'tsy, Moldavia (back when it was USSR) the town I was born in. I used to always climb the tank at the Lenin Square-then get yelled at by authorities. That tank kicks ass, someday I will buy my own tank and keep it in my front yard and scare away children. Ill come out of the tank and yell "Get off my property you sunsabitches"

2 Russell.
Yes, my excellent friend. Then who is right? You or MDB? I really trust you more, because you care about what you say. You are a very good person too, who wouldn't say a word just becasue somebody said something to him. But Aaron is english too... I am not telling about Lee, who is english but speak different english tho... That's why I get confused and complain... :)
:wave:

Sonm, my fine sir, what I say is in agreement with MDB! Like you say, they say "calm is the sea", and I'm saying "calm is the water" would also be great :) "How calm is the water", however, is different, because the how phrases it like a question, not a statement, see? So you can can use "calm is the water", just like MDB use "calm is the sea", as long as it doesn't have the "how" at the beginning. :Lee: Can you see what I'm saying, my good man? :)

Russell said:
Sonm, my fine sir, what I say is in agreement with MDB! Like you say, they say "calm is the sea", and I'm saying "calm is the water" would also be great :) "How calm is the water", however, is different, because the how phrases it like a question, not a statement, see? So you can can use "calm is the water", just like MDB use "calm is the sea", as long as it doesn't have the "how" at the beginning. :Lee: Can you see what I'm saying, my good man? :)

Unless maybe MDB knew that the water wasnt calm so they were trying to trick you.

2 Russell
Dear sir, I understand you! COMPLETELY:) Everything was clear from the very beginning, my fine sir. But Then I have a question... Would that be okay or not if I say.. " I saw how calm was the water"... :)????

2Death Blade
Thanks a lot man! We really appreciate that.:)
Cheers!

Sonm said:
2 Russell
Dear sir, I understand you! COMPLETELY:) Everything was clear from the very beginning, my fine sir. But Then I have a question... Would that be okay or not if I say.. " I saw how calm was the water"... :)????

Ah, my most excellent friend, I thought we had got confused as you were asking whether MDB or myself were right, whereas what I was saying was actuall in agreement with them!

"I saw how calm was the water" would again be an unusual sentence structure, and wouldn't be used poetically like "calm are the waters". "I saw how calm the water was" would be far more commonly used, my fine sir :)

Dear Russell! Thank you very much for your kindness! I really appreciate that!
But then :lee: I have a question... Which one of the following sentences sounds good to your experienced ear?

1). " Calm is the water."
2). " So calm is the water."
3). " Look, so calm is the water."
4). " Look how calm is the water."
5). " English is a disaster."
6). " Disaster is English."

Sorry for using your time though:) :lee: :parrot: :russell:
:cheers:
:worship:

Sonm said:
Dear Russell! Thank you very much for your kindness! I really appreciate that!
But then :lee: I have a question... Which one of the following sentences sounds good to your experienced ear?

1). " Calm is the water."
2). " So calm is the water."
3). " Look, so calm is the water."
4). " Look how calm is the water."
5). " English is a disaster."
6). " Disaster is English."

Sorry for using your time though:) :lee: :parrot: :russell:
:cheers:
:worship:

No worries at all my fine chap! :D :lee: :English: This fine chap here has the right idea however:

etotheipiequalsminus1 said:
hmm I never noticed before how horribly flawed the english language is.. :p

1) is fine.
2) is fine (just)
5) is fine

but the rest are questionable.

I heartily agree :) I look forward to hearing from you again soon, my good man! :wave: :Sonm: