Quick question

Metal is pretty trendy. It has it's own little sub-culture and style. Everything is trendy.

But Ulver deffinatly isn't trendy. Good luck appreciating music kid.

Ulver isnt trendy...but black metal is for the most part now. Any genre will always have the underground and cult bands...but most genres get in the limelight at some point or another.

And ulvers new stuff is fantastic as well.

Eternal_Frost said:
so he's basically doing what ihsahn from emperor did....got bored with bm. but ulver only made 2 bm albums ( not including Kveldssanger cause that was folk) and they got bored so soon? thats stupid , they didnt even even get time to experience black metal for what it is....what a bunch of retards .......well i wont be buying any of their new trend-hopping jazz/electronic/rock/avant-garde bullshit.
Oooh yeah. It's retards like you who make me love Ulver even more.

You must also remember that Ulver were very young when they first started out. Apparently Garm was only 16 years old when Vargnatt was recorded, and when your a teenager your always filled with anger and what not. As you get older you change and you start to like new music. It's happening to me as I've pretty much got my fill of heavy metal after listening to it for over 10 years now. I barely even listen to any metal anymore and I'm only 23 years old. I'm guessing the same thing happened with Garm. He heard a band that wasn't metal, he liked it, and wanted to make something similar. He changed and everyone changes their tastes in music and other such things eventually.

Blackwinged said:
You must also remember that Ulver were very young when they first started out. Apparently Garm was only 16 years old when Vargnatt was recorded, and when your a teenager your always filled with anger and what not. As you get older you change and you start to like new music. It's happening to me as I've pretty much got my fill of heavy metal after listening to it for over 10 years now. I barely even listen to any metal anymore and I'm only 23 years old. I'm guessing the same thing happened with Garm. He heard a band that wasn't metal, he liked it, and wanted to make something similar. He changed and everyone changes their tastes in music and other such things eventually.
yeh man, same here i'm 24 years old(been listening to metal since i was born eheh, my older brother is into metal so...) and i'm pretty much fed up with metal, i still listen ocasionally and i am in a death metal band, so i don't have the need to listen to metal, and like garm in the past years i've been discovering new styles of music, classical music,soundtracks, ambient/electonica, prog rock is want i usually listen too. Its all music.
and i'm doing my own music project now and guess what ,not metal eheh, kinda in the vein of nulver.
funny fact is that most metalheads i know can't listen to ulver cuz its too strange for them, and this guy calls it trendy:lol:

yeah I know...how is current Ulver trendy? if anything it's far from it. Because you know, I see lots of people listening to stuff like Silencing The Singing