Quintessential metal album

I didn't mean "heavy metal" as in simply doro and judas priest, but really all forms of metal. Again, with System they have distorted guitars, heavy drums, etc. but there is something about the sound that makes them not metal. But i'm just elitist and love ranting.

Today it's just a pain in the ass. Too many bands, too many sub-genres and sub-sub-genres. It makes for a huge mess and really tedious. "we're not blackened death/thrash, we're thrashened tech-black death" and all sorts of ridiculous shit :lol:

Hey, it's metal. There's good metal and bad metal. That's it as far as I care.

SOAD is not metal...not at all...they just aren't.

So you're a Di'Anno man?

Funny story, one time i was up at Snake Mountain and there was a discussion about how Maiden was like Star Trek (or very similar)

Star Trek = Di'Anno era
Star Trek: TNG = Number of the Beast through Seventh Son

Both are amazing and which one is "better" comes down to personal preference.

Star Trek: DS9 = No Prayer for the Dying and Fear of the Dark
They both have their moments, but really pale in comparison to the previous works

Star Trek: Voyager = Blaze Bailey albums
Complete Bullshit.

After that it doesn't really work. Enterprise doesn't really fit BNW through AMOLAD because of the variation in quality between those three albums. Still, pretty much truth all said.

LOF'NL! Classic! Put me down for DiAnno era as well. I got into IM when Killers was released, and was scared shitless when I read in Kerrang that Paul was out, and Bruce was in. I knew of Bruce, but I wasn't a huge fan of Samson (They were ok, nothing more, nothing less) and was worried about how the sound would change. NotB absolutely crushed everything else metal, at the same point in time, but the Pauly era is where it all started for me. 27-28 years later, & I still love the same stuff...

Listened to that on vinyl up at snake mountain last night :headbang:

No, I'm not going to. I'm afraid to ask.... :heh:

to summarise, i dislike all these genres, because all it does is segregate the listeners tastes, if i told someone at a party, i listen to Rainbow, they'd probably say, oh really, and look at me funny, not really wanting to talk about my taste of music, or theirs, because they probably think my taste is weird, and not fashionable enough (basically trendy elitism), But if i said, I listen to led zeppelin, theyd probably go, oh yeah, great shit. Then id ask them what their favourite zeppelin album was, and theyd say, errrrrm that one with stairway to heaven on it.

Anyone who doesn't like Rainbow is a fag. Plain and simple.

LOF'NL! Classic! Put me down for DiAnno era as well. I got into IM when Killers was released, and was scared shitless when I read in Kerrang that Paul was out, and Bruce was in. I knew of Bruce, but I wasn't a huge fan of Samson (They were ok, nothing more, nothing less) and was worried about how the sound would change. NotB absolutely crushed everything else metal, at the same point in time, but the Pauly era is where it all started for me. 27-28 years later, & I still love the same stuff...

Paul is absolutely awesome. I prefer Bruce, but it's really a blurred line for me which is better. Killers is fucking incredible.

No, I'm not going to. I'm afraid to ask.... :heh:

It's pretty easy to explain. I'm in the band Skelator, two of the guys live in a house which is also the Skelator practice pad, in the Masters of the Universe, Skeletor resided in Snake Mountain, so the house is called Snake Mountain. It's awesome. :kickass:

Anyone who doesn't like Rainbow is a fag. Plain and simple.

Paul is absolutely awesome. I prefer Bruce, but it's really a blurred line for me which is better. Killers is fucking incredible.

It's pretty easy to explain. I'm in the band Skelator, two of the guys live in a house which is also the Skelator practice pad, in the Masters of the Universe, Skeletor resided in Snake Mountain, so the house is called Snake Mountain. It's awesome. :kickass:

Rainbow Rising is just fucking huge! What an amazing album! My eyes are bleeding!

I think Bruce contributed greatly to the bands longevity. From what I've read, sticking with Paul might have imploded the band.

I was hoping Snake Mountain wasn't "code" for something else! :lol:
(Masters ... was WAY after my cartoon watching time....;)

Well, we do have codes at snake mountain. For example, i can't tell you how many times the conversation:

"So i was playing street fighter the other day..."
"Wait... like... actual Street Fighter?"
"No, other street fighter"

Though it also gets hillarious when it's like

"Mike and I were playing Street Fighter..."
"Whoa whoa whoa..."
"No dude, Street Fighter"
"Ah, gotcha"

Well, we do have codes at snake mountain. For example, i can't tell you how many times the conversation:

"Whoa whoa whoa..."
"Ah, gotcha"

Just keep your snakes tucked away.:lol:

"Whoa whoa whoa..."
"Ah, gotcha"

LOL! I'm aware of that reference, mr shoe!
(I miss the band days, being in them, and later on even working for them)