R.I.P. LES PAUL

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
Guitar Legend Les Paul Dead At 94

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) ―

Les Paul, a native of Waukesha, Wis., is considered one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

* Les Paul Online
* Les Paul's Biography
* YouTube: Les Paul Documentary
* YouTube: Les Paul and Chet Atkins
* YouTube: Les Paul and Mary Ford
* YouTube: Les Paul and Waylon Jennings

Les Paul, who invented the solid-body electric guitar later wielded by a legion of rock 'n' roll greats, died Thursday of complications from pneumonia. He was 94.

According to Gibson Guitar, Paul died at White Plains Hospital. His family and friends were by his side.

As an inventor, Paul also helped bring about the rise of rock 'n' roll with multitrack recording, which enables artists to record different instruments at different times, sing harmony with themselves, and then carefully balance the tracks in the finished recording.

The use of electric guitar gained popularity in the mid-to-late 1940s, and then exploded with the advent of rock in the mid-'50s.

continues http://cbs2.com/national/Les.Paul.Dead.2.1127096.html

A great man whose legacy is assured in the most well known electric guitar of all time. Let us hope Gibson does not try to cash in on his demise with another abortion of a 'special edition' guitar.

Though I cannot play or I do not play... I love his vintage sunburst styles. I'm sure he's told some great stories and what amazing and wonderful things he has seen and accomplished in his 94 years. For you Sir the music will never stop!

Did read about this today.
Agreed, It has not been a good year.

Great Inventor.
Both of electric guitar and multi track recording.

Music world is mourning.
But gifted by his accomplishments.

RIP Les Paul.