Read MORE in 2007! Now Reading...

Currently reading: The End of Faith - Sam Harris.

0393327655.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"The End of Faith provides a harrowing glimpse of mankind’s willingness to suspend reason in favor of religious beliefs, even when these beliefs inspire the worst of human atrocities."

Have you seen his C-Span special on youtube?
Its posted into ten segments, its awesome.

0060518502.jpg

An amazing book. Swanson effortlessly takes the reader back in time to the 19th century. Just brilliant and resonates strongly if you have ever visited Washington, DC (Ford's Theater, White House etc).

Hey that one looks interesting!
Graham Greene - The Quiet American
Yr 12 (final year of school here, don't knwo about other place) text study.

Man, I've totally forgotten what I had to read for VCE English. Maybe it was The Great Gatsby... I hated that book. :-\ Then again, I think I hated almost everything I was forced to read back then.

I just bought The Sound Of Waves by Yukio Mishima (this guy had one hell of a strange/interesting life... and death) but it might be a while before I get around to reading it... too much crap to do for uni right now. :(

Currently reading the Sword of Shannara, man is this book fucking amazing. To tell you the truth I like it just as much as The Lord of The Rings. Highly Reccomended.

0345314255.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Yeah that book looks interesting, though I was watching an author speak about it on t.v and she said while it is the greatness of a Tolkien book, it just is incomplete. I think something happened and he couldn't finish it before he died.

Just discovered my local library stocks back issues of "Guitar world" and "Mad Magazine" and you can borrow as many at a time as you want. So I've been reading through old back issues of both. :headbang:

Blekingegadebanden. (or 'The Blekinge Street Gang' if you like).

The first of two books about a Danish terrorist cell that were associated with the palestinian PFLP in the 70s and 80s. They did a series of armed robberies to raise money to the PFLP, ending with a multi million post office robbery in 1988 where they killed a young police officer.
This first part covers the group´s beginning, their political schooling, the middle east training camps, and the first robberies...

Can´t wait until the 2nd book comes out. This is truly a fascinating part of Danish history!

I'm currently reading an English translation of the Finnish epic poem, The Kalevala. Anyone familiar with the Amorphis album 'Tales from the Thousand Lakes' should have at least heard of it.