recording software question

ok, playing the guitar through amp-lineout>PC-linein sounds good, but when I record it, you can hardly hear the guitar in the recording (though i can hear it at normal volume through the speakers when i play)
sorry if i'm too dumb to record properly, but whats the damn problem, now???

Hexer said:
ok, playing the guitar through amp-lineout>PC-linein sounds good, but when I record it, you can hardly hear the guitar in the recording (though i can hear it at normal volume through the speakers when i play)
sorry if i'm too dumb to record properly, but whats the damn problem, now???
There should be a volume fader thing for recording in your sound card's software mixer. Crank that bitch up and you're all set.

Just a quick question, does anyone know why my Sonar has stopped working lately? It won't let me arm tracks for recording, I click on the R and nothing happens.
It's SONAR 2.0 and I'm running it under Windows 98.
The only things I can think of that I've done lately that might have effected it are installing a scanner, and installing Guitar Pro 4 (which I'm thinking might be more likely to be the problem).
I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, (with Guitar Pro deleted as well). Anyone have any suggestions (maybe a new program that wont have this problem) or solutions?
Thanks for any help :D