Reunions you would like to see at Ragnarokkr

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Ok, I made this separate from the 2013 wish list, per Bob not wanting unrealistic reunions.

This is a 100 percent balls out thread for ANY reunion request!

Here are some of mine:
Cirith Ungol
Jag Panzer (never held an official farewell gig)
Savatage (it's going to happen somewhere someday)
Squadron (maiden / fates warning influenced band from Chicago)

I am drawing a blank right now but I am sure I will think of a ton more later.

I would like to see a Metal Church reunion. They never had a final show.

I know the Headbangers Open Air tried the Cirith Ungol reunion but something happened where it was cancelled.

I would like to see also the possibility of a Liege Lord reunion.

You'll be happy to know that the two I'm working on have been listed. Reunions take extra incentive (incentive = $$$$$) so it depends on the turnout of 2012.

Not sure how familiar you are with Squadron, but their last bassist was Brent Sullivan, who is the bassist of Slauter Xtroyes!

So maybe that can get the gears in motion.

Well, I know based on $$$$$ alone that Savatage isn't one of your two, though it would be ace!

@ Bob - I would not mind Metal Church. I was always only a casual fan, but have never seen them.

Would go to see any band listed in thread so far. In order of personal choice, Cirith Ungol would be a no-brainer. Jag Panzer second. Warlord or Metal Church 3rd.

1) Cirith Ungol
2) Jag Panzer (these guys never played US shows in the first placement, and then one day said fuck it were done after 30 years.)
3) Xentrix would be cool as hell, yeah theyre thrash but i always consider thrash part of True Metal

im sure there are a million more right now but can't think of em.

I really like the ZNOWHITE and CYCLONE TEMPLE recommendations.
There has been a lot of talent throughout the years coming from the Midwest.
That would be a great niche in continuing to have midwest bands from the past playing.
(IE - Like Damien Thorne this year).

I know I have mentioned SQUADRON before.
Here is the title track from their second release.
This is a must for any fans of Arch era FATES WARNING:

Last edited by a moderator:
the hardest part about reunions is getting everyone on board, then you know they are going to want more money just because they have to actually go back and practice, make the time for the show, then they think they are bigger than they actually are so they are going to want more than the average band playing.