Rullo signed with Pearl?

I've also heard so that you get the same sound when playing double bass beats...so you're not tuning two bass drums to match exactly and trying to get them to sound the same. When you use both hands on the snare drum, you are only hitting one drum, so I guess it's sorta that same logic but applied to the bass drum.

I found it easier to play with two bass drums. I had a better sense of control on two single pedals rather than one with two beaters and a slave attachment. It's just a little bit harder to get the spring tension even for both the master and slave on a twin pedal, and if that isn't at least close to perfect and you use about equal power with both legs, it's harder to get a more even/solid sound out, if you know what I mean. Also, the beaters on a twin pedal seem to "recoil" a bit faster than on two single pedals for some reason...Although it may just be me, who knows.

But a twin pedal really is cheaper, and saves you the hassle of getting two bass drums tuned exactly the same. I think it's just a personal preference of a lot of drummers who play with two bass drums, just as I explained it, in addition to the fact that it looks really cool! Lol :)

Katalepsy said:
I found it easier to play with two bass drums. I had a better sense of control on two single pedals rather than one with two beaters and a slave attachment. It's just a little bit harder to get the spring tension even for both the master and slave on a twin pedal, and if that isn't at least close to perfect and you use about equal power with both legs, it's harder to get a more even/solid sound out, if you know what I mean. Also, the beaters on a twin pedal seem to "recoil" a bit faster than on two single pedals for some reason...Although it may just be me, who knows.

But a twin pedal really is cheaper, and saves you the hassle of getting two bass drums tuned exactly the same. I think it's just a personal preference of a lot of drummers who play with two bass drums, just as I explained it, in addition to the fact that it looks really cool! Lol :)

yeah I really like the look of two bass drums, it just looks more metal, but I'm in no way saying that bands who use one bass drum aren't metal enough lol.

Katalepsy said:
If you have a huge set with like, 3 or so rack toms, 2 floor toms, two snares, a crap load of cymbals, and only one bass drum, it looks incomplete! Lol.

Yes, this is a very good point. Look at Neil Peart's current drum kits for an example of that.

Bodom isn't metalcore, hardcore, or new wave of American metal (Especially since they're not American)...They qualify as power metal with extreme vocals and fucked up lyrics. But yeah, this is very true...Except I think the drummer of Lamb of God still uses 2 bass drums. It seems like the one advantage to using a twin pedal rather than two bass drums is that you can move your feet a little faster, due to less spring tension (at least that's what I've noticed).