SEVEN STRING GUITAR RECOMMENDATIONS!!!

I am very happy with my ESP LTD H 307, which I have installed EMG 707s in after market (it ships with passive EMG HZ pickups, which suck royally.) If you want active EMGs in your 7 string, you'll have to either a) get your guitar routed by a luthier or b) get a guitar that has them stock, or at least has EMG HZs which are the same size.

I used to own a couple of Ibanez 7 strings but I didn't like them as much (RG7620 and another RG7 I can't remember the model number of)

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
I have an Ibanez RG2027XVV (Prestige... yeah baby) with piezzo pickups in the floyd. And this guitar is just AWESOME ! The mics have been changed for DiMarzio Evolution 7 & Blaze pickups. Everybody that has touched it (including guitar sellers or guitar craftmen) were amazed at how nice it is to play on it, very comfortable. The only guitar people say was best was the high end Vigier Excalibur, but it has "only" 6 strings. But I think Ibanez discontinued this model actually...

not to hijack this thread, but how do the 7 string evolutions compare to the blaze pickups? i'm looking to upgrade the pickups on my ibanez rg 7321, and its probably going to be the blaze, but i'm keeping my options open.

I'm disappointed that nobody has mentioned Fernandes. Their Revolver 7 is an excellent guitar, and for around or just under $1000, you can get one with a floyd rose, Sustainer neck pick-up, and EMG active pick-up. Give it a try, you won't regret.

the alumnus said:
not to hijack this thread, but how do the 7 string evolutions compare to the blaze pickups? i'm looking to upgrade the pickups on my ibanez rg 7321, and its probably going to be the blaze, but i'm keeping my options open.

Since one is on the neck (Blaze) and the other on the bridge (Evolution 7), I can't really compare... The Evolution 7 has a higher output, and in my opinion one of the only passive mic that can compete with the EMG's (mmmmm, not really sure about that actually... well it's very good anyway !).

Well about the Fernandez....I don't want anything with a Floyd. That was another reason I wasn't too happy with the UV...also why I hardly play any of my guitars that have the Floyd on it. Low-end and sustain loss are just two complaints that I have....wait I already explained this....READ EVERYTHING BEFORE POSTING!!!1shift!one!1!! Lol. Yep. I am pretty sure that I'll go with the Schecter Hellraiser C7...Tune-O-Matic bridge w/ string-thru. Mahogany body, set-neck that has a heel that looks and feels the same as a neck-thru. EMGs. Pretty much all the stuff I love. Other guitars are bolt on, basswood/alder bodies, passive cheap-o pickups, Floyds..yuck. Besides one of the guys from Nevermore uses the Hellraiser C7...so HA!

And no, before anybody thinks it, I don't base my decisions on guitar buying simply by seeing other artists with them. Yeah.

~006

Just got an e-mail from Jason at DCGL that Hellraiser c-7 will be in stock by the end of these week for 699 dollars including shipping and another 99 for the case. Very nice price for a guitar like that.

Yeah, I called Schecter yesterday and the guy told me that it's just now going out to their dealers. It's apparently a brand new model. I can get it for $620 at the store here in SA-town, just because I'm cool like that. No really, I am cool like that...

~006

006 said:
Yeah, I called Schecter yesterday and the guy told me that it's just now going out to their dealers. It's apparently a brand new model. I can get it for $620 at the store here in SA-town, just because I'm cool like that. No really, I am cool like that...

~006
Nice grab it, tis a nice guitar.

I haven't seen a single source that says Jeff actual playes a C-7 Hellraiser. Schecter just stamps those pictures on their site and catalogues just to make you think he playes one. That's advertising at it's finest. The picture in the catalogue was taken by Metalsteph at the "I, Voyager shoot" (Watched the video and it looked like his "red" or "black cherry" 007 Elite) and Schecter didn't even bother to ask permission or pay money to use it. What a nice thing to do. Still heard a lot of good things about their 7-strings though.

Well maybe we'll find out when the next tour starts if he's actual gotten a Hellraiser by then. If I was Jeff, I would be screaming for a Hellraiser because of the advertising. :p

Right, but it's not a 007. Look at the body. It's a C series. I'll buy that it's probably a Blackjack, which I was orginally considering, but it's definitely not the 00 series.

~006

As far as I know Hellraiser is a new model. Maybe Jeff got one recently? I mean it is obvious that it is not the Hellraiser in the picture, but I am saying for future reference.

commandante said:
As far as I know Hellraiser is a new model. Maybe Jeff got one recently? I mean it is obvious that it is not the Hellraiser in the picture, but I am saying for future reference.

I don't remember seeing one at the gig last month (If he did have one I must have been blind 'cos I was stood next to the guitar tech for the whole of their set :Spin: ).

I quite like my Jackson DX7 despite all the little usual Jackson problems (pots falling out, volume cut-outs, etc), it still kicks with my Powerball :) I'm getting a Schecter Blackjack C-7 to be my main guitar though. Personally I'm not really a fan of Ibanez & ESP.

I'm no 7 stringer (though the other guitarist in my band is begging me to get one), but the best 7 string I've personally ever played is the Ibanez UV777. Though the whole thing is a bit flashy for my tastes, it totally shreds.

universe.jpg

Andy Sneap said:
I just I grew up playing a more manly Gibson, so I didn't need a seventh string to be heavy. :D

Oh, I see how it is, Mr Big shot! Well, I dont even need strings to be heavy! Just a couple Double Quarter Pounders, and a lot of change in the pockets!