Shows you never thought you would enjoy

estYMaj

Music is everything
Sep 21, 2005
Mass, USA
Tell us what unexpected Un-metal show(Band or whatever you normaly never would listen to) you have been to and really enjoyed it

My pick was a Paul McCartney show that my X wife talked me into going probably about 16 years ago
the band he had at the time was really great and the whole show was alot of fun
Besides his solo stuff they did some old beatles standards of course , a little blues and even some Jazz

I was really surprised by Skinless. Their music isn't my thing but they put on such a great show that was very engaging. I love watching them perform.

Well, I think Mew was pretty good live and surprised me when I saw them in a festival.

I really haven't seen many live shows at all though (metal or un-metal), so there aren't really any others I can think of.

I've been very much impressed by lots of non-metal bands on CD though if that counts!:lol:

Well, I think Mew was pretty good live and surprised me when I saw them in a festival.

I really haven't seen many live shows at all though (metal or un-metal), so there aren't really any others I can think of.

I've been very much impressed by lots of non-metal bands on CD though if that counts!:lol:

Thats going for the Shock factor
For example like saying Im a all out metal head dut i did go to a Garth Brooks concert once and Really enjoyed it

I love a LOT of non metal. So this is going to be hard. Most surprising, I'll say... Jersey Boys, the musical. I don't usually go to shows I think will suck, so as far as real concerts go, I can't say I had any major turnarounds.

That would be Kitaro, saw him at the Mountain Winery up in the mountains above Saratoga a few years ago; I thought I was going to be bored to tears, but it was freaking awesome.

Bosnia 2001. Wayne Newton (with Jessica Simpson and some other people I've forgotten.) USO show. The man plays many different instruments quite well, and actually puts on a decent show. I didn't care too much for the music, but Jessica Simpson in a skimpy outfit made up for it.

I HATE Springsteen! :lol:

Mine would be CSO (Chicago Symphony Orchestra) - The first night I saw them, the did an "experimental" composition that sounded so Zappa-like, it kept my attention throughout the entire performance....

Matchbox 20 was pretty good. I didn't have to pay for the ticket - one of my relatives had an extra so I said what the hell and went. I don't know if it was the second hand weed smoke or the 50 free packages of condoms I got, but it was actually a fun show. Not really a bad band either.

Rob Thomas, about halfway through the show, said something like:

"Oh man, Cleveland is such a beautiful city. I hope we come back soon".

Funny thing was, he was actually in the middle of Pittsburgh. I'm surprised the tour bus didn't get set on fire after that. Definitely not something to say in front of a crowd of drunk/stoned Pittsburghers!

Matchbox 20 was pretty good. I didn't have to pay for the ticket - one of my relatives had an extra so I said what the hell and went. I don't know if it was the second hand weed smoke or the 50 free packages of condoms I got, but it was actually a fun show. Not really a bad band either.

Funny thing was, he was actually in the middle of Pittsburgh. I'm surprised the tour bus didn't get set on fire after that. Definitely not something to say in front of a crowd of drunk/stoned Pittsburghers!

It sounds like a Spinal Tap joke. As in, "Hello, Cleveland!". Rob Thomas is not cool enough to have pulled it off, though.

Oh man! I take it there was some serious security at this concert. There had to be, or he'd have been beaten severely. Pfft, Cleveland... fucking flatlanders.

Def Lepard- not a band I'd ever make much effort to listen to, but they put on a good show

Diana Krall- Usually not into her brand of jazz...but I saw her at the Lionel Hampton festival 3 or 4 years ago and really enjoyed it. Killer band too, with Russel Malone on guitar.

BTBAM- Saw them on the prognation show. I hated their stuff every time I tried to listen to it. I wont say I was completely turned on to them (at least not enough to buy a cd), but I enjoyed it enough to sit through the set. Worst stage presence of the night though.

I would have to say the band 311. I have really been getting into them lately. I started playing guitar in the jazz band at my college and I have found I really enjoy listening to jazz alot now. Thats about as far as my non metal goes...