South East Asia

Originally posted by GodslasheR
hi guys!! regarding bout chinese metalheads, i am aso one of them... but i come from singapore.... it great to see chinese metalheads over at this forum!!

You damn right!!!I wish more Chinese people would get into metal instead of Cantopop shit.

Metal!!!

Originally posted by goregoat
yeahh..that's true....he is trying to presenting our malaysian scene in eye of world metal scene!!hail to him!!

hei bro,...
I have contact with Hasrol from Dark Colloseum Recs, Shukri , etc...
Do you know them all?

fusion metal is, indeed, jazz metal. Aghora and Cynic are generally called such. i call Dillenger Escape Plan fusion metal, too. most people disagree, though.

crazy rhythms with complex, rule breaking harmonies.

right on. i'm lovin' that type of stuff, too. i think it's the best new type of metal goin' on and i think that it's the furure. you might want to check out some of the jazz influence like Charlie Parker(sax) and Thelonious Monk(piano). 2 very troubles souls of the craziest age of jazz.

not to assume that you don't know them already, just incase you don't.

right on. i've just been reading about John Zorn. i hadn't heard of him. this stuff looks great.

check this out.

http://www.thejazzfiles.com/

i've heard that jazz, like metal, is worldwide. do you, or anyone else, know any good jazz from South East Asia? --trying to stay on topic. :]

Heya all!
We're a new band from India (yeah.. we have metal bands in India too!:p). We're called Acrid Semblance, n we're unsigned as of now, but we've got the attention of metal fans across India for starters... we're just trying to get a record deal, so we can record a proper full length album. We're all college kids, n hence fuck broke to record on our own. We shelled in whatever we had saved n recorded a decent demo. Check out 3 songs up for download from this EP called Soul Corrosion at http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/498/acrid_semblance.html

Would really appreciate some feedback n tips from Bodom fans, since Bodom are the reason we picked up instruments!

Heil! \m/

Ok, maybe some Opeth. Liquid Tension Experiment [Dream Theater side-project "thingie"] Don't know if you could call it prog. Queensryche [again, don't know if you could call it prog also...]

- red_beef