Spiderman!

JonBonJovi

Titilate
Feb 4, 2002
Blue Mountains,Australia
Visit site
I went and watched Spiderman with my nephew today.hmmmm what can I say. It is very mediocre.Not on my highly recomended list.It is ok has some great parts but fails to capture your attention in others.
This is a movie that is s'pose to be there for all ages....my nephew go bored by it and he absolutely loves Spiderman...it also scared the crap out of the poor kid in parts and he doesn't scare easily.
The whole love story of it was centred on just a bit to much and you get a bit lost in parts.They tend to jump ahead and miss vital things it seems to me in one movie they are trying to put together about 6mths of issues in the comic book.The intro drags on for ages and your sitting there thinking just start the god damn movie.
I give it :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: 1/2 out of a possible ten.

I thought it was pretty damn good.
With the exception of a laughable performace by Kirsten Dunst at the very end, I really enjoyed it. Better than I anticipated.

I'd be saying about 8 out of 10.

Originally posted by Sydo
I thought it was pretty damn good.
With the exception of a laughable performace by Kirsten Dunst at the very end, I really enjoyed it. Better than I anticipated.

I'd be saying about 8 out of 10.

Yeah I was laughing to myself over her little......"all I could think of was one person,and it wasn't who I thought it would be(cue tears rolling down face) it was you Peter Parker......blah blah blah."

I thought it was awesome. Loved the action, thought the love story was great (I'm a sucker for a love story that doesn't have a happy ending) and thought Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and Willem Dafoe were all excellent.

Five stars.

Kirsten Dusnt was excellent (as usual), except for that last scene, which was shit.
Even my girlfriend, who will cry watching Home & Away, found it stupid.

That's from Attack of the Clones, Xena. "I hate sand... it's course and rough, not like you... you're smooth and silky and... hey, what's up? Why are you walking away giggling like that? You haven't even seen my thingy yet, so you shouldn't be laughing!"

Something like that, anyway!

Blade II was already out when I was in the UK and I missed it, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it opens here in the next couple of weeks :) I just hope I don't come back late and miss it. Sigh.

I liked Blade, but I thought John Carpenter's Vampires (which came out around the same time, I fink) was better. James Woods is THE MAN!

Originally posted by Spiff
Blade II was already out when I was in the UK and I missed it, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it opens here in the next couple of weeks :) I just hope I don't come back late and miss it. Sigh.

I liked Blade, but I thought John Carpenter's Vampires (which came out around the same time, I fink) was better. James Woods is THE MAN!

I'm trying to find the sequel to Vampires on video as it went straight to video and Jon Bon Jovi has a lead role in it.
I'm a big vampire movie buff!

I actually really liked this movie. I never go much for comic book movies but this one had heart. It wasn't even really about Spiderman as much as Peter Parker.

The only flaw I really had with the movie was the Green Goblin. He just seemed a little too over the top.

I remember Spiderman was my favourite cartoon character. I used to have a little Spiderman suit and all. Hmm I wonder if it would fit now :rolleyes: :lol:

BLADE 2! I cant wait for that movie! Or The Hulk! Or Daredevil!

Vampires did rock too Spiffy!

Wow, didn't even know there was a sequel!

I'm not into vampire flicks really, but the whole attitude of Vampires was just too good to ignore!

One aspect of Spiderman that people don't mention is the performance of JK Simmons (I think) as the newspaper editor. He rocked!