Superior - NEW WORLD ORDER: March 2007?

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
their website I believe still says that is the projected release date. I emailed the band late last week asking about it, but no response. The message board has had no activity since August.

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything more about this? Pellaz?

thanks..

It's been a long time coming .. that's for sure. The last I checked their site it sounded like some of the band members have had a rough go of it in their personal lives. I know it's held the process up quite a bit with this release. Hopefully that date is very solid, but who knows?

Britt

Great band that has to come back to PP. One of my all time favorite performances. I've said it before and will say it again, "Why" could quite possibly be the greatest song ever written imo. The duet with Matos on the Jap version of Younique is incredible!!!

Great band that has to come back to PP. One of my all time favorite performances. I've said it before and will say it again, "Why" could quite possibly be the greatest song ever written imo.

It's easily one of my favorite prog-metal songs of all time. That CD, along with Symphony X's Divine Wings and DT's stuff, catapulted me into prog-metal fandom to stay, way back in the pre-Web days of the Ytsejam.

The duet with Matos on the Jap version of Younique is incredible!!!

--Or as I call it, the "salsa" version of "Why." :lol: :kickass:

Great band that has to come back to PP. One of my all time favorite performances. I've said it before and will say it again, "Why" could quite possibly be the greatest song ever written imo. The duet with Matos on the Jap version of Younique is incredible!!!

WHY is just amazing in my book............ and Superior needs to hit PP USA again....

Have not heard that Jap version but dying to now.......:headbang:

Just read this at DPRP:

"We have just finished the pre-production of the album and now it's time for the "fine tuning". All the songs are done, we only have to check here and there if everything is like we really want it. We have planned to enter the studio for the final recordings in early March. Until then there is still a lot to arrange. I will do the artwork myself (the front cover is already done) and we also have to do some photos for example. The album will contain at least 10 songs (we're not sure about the 11th one yet) and if I get it right, we will have more than an hour of music on this CD again. The songs became more and more heavy over time but there is still a good part of keyboards and piano in there too.

New World Order is not a concept album but still a lot of the lyrics circle around the topics of "Ultima Ratio". Religious fanatism or the last seconds of life are just two examples of topics the songs are about. So you can imagine, that the album's overall mood is quite dark and reflects the hard times we had to wade through during the past few years since our last album.

I can say that I like the new songs pretty much because they are direct reflections of our innerst selves. And yes, I can't await to have the final album in my hands.

We have already been talking about putting a little preview on our website. Maybe just one song or so... But I can't promise that yet. If we will do it, I will tell you here when the song is online."

All the best!
Cheers,
Bernd Basmer (Superior Guitarist)

Like Pellaz, Superior was a band that helped usher me into the prog metal world after being introduced by Fates Warning & Dream Theater. Ultima Ratio is a great release that didn't get much fanfare...the live cd afterwards is good too. It's sounding as though this one will be better. l look forward to it.

One of a very few bands that I have managed to not see live that I would REALLY like to. I've got their live double disc and it kicks ass. Definitely looking forward to this new release.

thanks guys..May 21st..looking fwd to that..21st is a Monday..not sure if that matters or not for Mail-order items tho. I wonder..will CDINZANE appear at the record shows in Minneapolis?..i could maybe attend the one in May if the date is around that time and pick it up then. Otherwise..I definitely will be ordering it around that time! :)

I've tried to find Behind just for the song "Why" but to no success due to being oop if I'm not mistaken. If anyone knows where to find it, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Danny

here's a recent update..I hope it's out by May 21st.

http://www.meet-superior.de/news.php?mode=1&id=46

Shop is open again (27.03.2007)
Hi all!

There are a few news, so I thought I should drop a line here... :)

The Superior shop is open again and we have lowered the prices a bit. So have a look there and order away! :)

We have finished the pre production now and will be in studio quite soon. As always everything happens quite a bit later then we planned at first but still we are looking forward to the new record very much. We have 11 Songs now but it's not sure yet if they all will make it to the album. It depends on how they sound when the are properly recorded. Still I think it will be very hard to decide which songs we will take because they all just rock! :)

Maybe you already noticed that we have installed a chat on our homepage. We will start that thing soon and we will try to be online as often as we can. Hope to meet you there! I will keep you updated on this topic.

Also there will be a few song previews here on the website very soon. Maybe I will put them up in the week after Easter. Let's see. So be prepared to listen to a few first parts of our new songs! Ok, the sound is really only demo demo but you will get the picture...

Ok, enough from me now...

Cheers!

Bernd

I've tried to find Behind just for the song "Why" but to no success due to being oop if I'm not mistaken. If anyone knows where to find it, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Danny

CD Inzane shows it in stock for $18.95...other than that, I would recommend scouting Amazon or ebay...

Rock on!