Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LichofHell

Oct 20, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
1. Do you think Symphony X will be on Gigantour 2?? Yes or No, discuss...

I think its a possibility considering they had enormous success with the first Gigantour, but I also believe it depends on how much time they will get and how far along they will be touring for the new album at that point in time.

2. Also, what other bands would you like to see on next years Gigantour other then Symphony X??

I personally think Opeth would be a great addition to the tour...I would kill to see Symphony X and Opeth on the same tour!!!

based on the succes of this Gigantour I think they will be on the next one for sure! Hopefully with a bigger set list, not only did Symphony X fans love the tour, but Symphony X as a group enjoyed it immensley... So I think we can see them on it again! Well if they tour for their new CD they will probably be starying in April, i'm sure they'll be back on time for Gigantour!

I think if they can cram in a quick first leg tour for both North America and Europe during April/May they may be able to embark on the second leg on Gigantour...and this is considering the fact that Dave is considering spreading Gigantour to Europe and other places in the world (possibly South America and Australia, so I think it may be an opportunity to tour places where they have not on this next Gigantour)

3 words:
FIRST FUCKING STAGE!!!!!!!!
After their success on Gigantour '05, they should definitely get a 1st stage spot. If they co-headline it, WHICH THEY SHOULD, then they'd be able to play a shit load of good stuff.

I'd only want them back on Gigantour with a longer set, but they should have a new album so I could definately see them going to Gigantour to get more exposure.

Also, it said on the Megadeth website that Dave will be announcing some possible confirmed bands for Gigantour 2006...so we might be getting some answers soon...although Im not really sure if Symphony X will be willing to make a commitment like that at this point in time.

ptah knemu said:
3 words:
FIRST FUCKING STAGE!!!!!!!!
After their success on Gigantour '05, they should definitely get a 1st stage spot. If they co-headline it, WHICH THEY SHOULD, then they'd be able to play a shit load of good stuff.

I doubt that they will be co-headlining any time soon considering album sales and thier relatively smaller fan bases compared to other bands on the bill, but I do believe they can possibly shoot for at least the 40 or 45 minute slot on the first stage, or even 30 minutes on the first stage which in my opinion will be better then headlining the second stage.

I'm being the unpopular one here saying no. As much as we'd like it, they're not touring machines who can squeeze in a few dates in this continent and then go all the way over there in west bumblefuck to play a show and then travel back to someplace else to do another within two months. These are grown men with families and other priorities in their lives more important than us. Gigantour '06 would be an excellent opportunity for more exposure, but a) it's 2005 so let's worry about that bridge when we get to it and b) they got screwed over with a half hour set so assuming they get the same amount of time it wouldn't be adequate for them to perform new material plus old stuff for people who are just getting into them. I'd be just fine seeing them on their own small headlining tour.

Thinking about how long festival sets actually are, I really don't care with who or where they play. But Jones Beach is an awesome place though. I really don't care if they do join Gigantour or not. If they do, we'll all (unless they duck out of dates again) get to see them with other bands. If they don't, then we'll all see bigger and longer sets. Either way, I WANNA SEE X!!!!!

I really don't think Symphony X will be that small of a tour. Even if they did end up playing places like B.B. Kings. You know what? Can I change my vote? I'd rather see Symphony X at B.B. Kings than in the Jones Beach parking lot again.

Beelzebub said:
I'm being the unpopular one here saying no. As much as we'd like it, they're not touring machines who can squeeze in a few dates in this continent and then go all the way over there in west bumblefuck to play a show and then travel back to someplace else to do another within two months. These are grown men with families and other priorities in their lives more important than us. Gigantour '06 would be an excellent opportunity for more exposure, but a) it's 2005 so let's worry about that bridge when we get to it and b) they got screwed over with a half hour set so assuming they get the same amount of time it wouldn't be adequate for them to perform new material plus old stuff for people who are just getting into them. I'd be just fine seeing them on their own small headlining tour.

I tink it really depends on when the new album will be out and how long they would have to do thier own headlining tour before... So in theoretical terms if say the new album is out in January, then they can possibly tour Feb/March and then take off April and May and then do Gigantour end of June/July/August. I think if we see the album out anytime later then March then they will probably not be on Gigantour.

ptah knemu said:
Thinking about how long festival sets actually are, I really don't care with who or where they play. But Jones Beach is an awesome place though. I really don't care if they do join Gigantour or not. If they do, we'll all (unless they duck out of dates again) get to see them with other bands. If they don't, then we'll all see bigger and longer sets. Either way, I WANNA SEE X!!!!!

I really don't think Symphony X will be that small of a tour. Even if they did end up playing places like B.B. Kings. You know what? Can I change my vote? I'd rather see Symphony X at B.B. Kings than in the Jones Beach parking lot again.

Also, I heard rumors of Mike Portnoy trying to start his own summer prog festival before joining Gigantour. I think if this is a possibility then Symphony X might have an option to opt for this over the summer. Considering this I would not be suprised to see them also get a longer set and possibly even co-headline for 90-120 minutes...so in this case I think it would be close enough to thier own headlining tour to cover all thier new/old materioal sufficiently. I personally think this is a good idea in theory but I wonder if Dream Theater would be able to pull something like this off...possibly in smaller venues...

To be honest, I would MUCH rather have seen a Prog Fest than a straight up Metal fest.

i thought the gigantour i went to was a mistake because im not the biggest fan of megadeth and yes it shoud have been all prog. dont get me wrong i do like some of MD's stuff like hanger 18 and holy wars and such but a lot of it is stupid especially risk.

ptah knemu said:
To be honest, I would MUCH rather have seen a Prog Fest than a straight up Metal fest.

Ya becuase it would have been Prog Metal rather then having to sit thorugh a bunch of lame hardcore bands on the second stage other then Symphony X.
Also, that way I would be able boih the Prog fest and Gigantour!!

Everybody hates Risk. It's the biggest joke to Metal since Kiss made a disco album. Crush 'Em is the worst song ever to come off a disc with the words "Mega" and "Deth" on it at the same time.

jo jo said:
i thought the gigantour i went to was a mistake because im not the biggest fan of megadeth and yes it shoud have been all prog. dont get me wrong i do like some of MD's stuff like hanger 18 and holy wars and such but a lot of it is stupid especially risk.

Well...I think it should have been more trash/prog metal. I really think that the hardcore stuff fits better on Ozzfest and Warp Tour rather then Gigantour, where most fans care little to none for any of that...at Irvine everyone looked really bored during the other second stage bands, but when Bobaflex announced the other second stage bands and Symphony X came up everyone was like Ohhh Fuck Ya, and this was the largest cheer then any point during the other 3 second stage bands performances.

Also, with the Megadeth comment I heard that they are in pre-production for another album...considering they were on Gigantour with a few prog metal bands maybe thier can be more of a prog metal vibe to thier new album...I think that would be interesting to hear out of Megadeth. I think thier latest album was mediocre but still better then some of the more commercial stuff they have done in the past...so I have hope in some good new Megadeth material.