Symphony X on Gigantour 2006?

• Yes

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RequiemX said:
No. I want a real SX concert with at least a good hour and a half set. Plus it needs to be in the Twin Cities!

I half agree. No SX at Gigantour. I want SX to tour the shit out of the US doing only headlining gigs.

That being said, with SX's extensive catalog, they should really start moving towards 2 hours shows. And perhaps back to back dates in certain cities with larger draws. Of course they'd need to play completely different setlists each night...

Into Eternity would be a good choice for Gigantour 2006 if they can get some new material out by then...

I just wanted to point out before everyone started cumming in their jeans that it is very rare that any band is ever on a bill for either a package tour or a summer festival two years in a row. It is bad business, because the general majority of the people don't want to see the same line-up two years in a row. Sorry, but the only band from Gigantour '05 that will be on next years is Megadeth. Possibly Anthrax because they only played like 4 shows, so it's a slightly different situation.

Sorry to burst everyone's hopes and dreams, but it has little to do with them fitting it into their schedule or whether they are good enough to play first stage. It has to do with the fact that they just won't be there. Jim Sheppard from Nevermore said that they were asked back to Gigantour, but for '07 because they just don't do two years in a row. Anyone who allows a band on two years in a row is a retard.

theodyssey said:
I just wanted to point out before everyone started cumming in their jeans that it is very rare that any band is ever on a bill for either a package tour or a summer festival two years in a row. It is bad business, because the general majority of the people don't want to see the same line-up two years in a row. Sorry, but the only band from Gigantour '05 that will be on next years is Megadeth. Possibly Anthrax because they only played like 4 shows, so it's a slightly different situation.

Sorry to burst everyone's hopes and dreams, but it has little to do with them fitting it into their schedule or whether they are good enough to play first stage. It has to do with the fact that they just won't be there. Jim Sheppard from Nevermore said that they were asked back to Gigantour, but for '07 because they just don't do two years in a row. Anyone who allows a band on two years in a row is a retard.

Hey, I remember you. I didn't take any of that into consideration but it also goes with what my point was.

Anyone else think Into Eternity would be the best candidate for Gigantour? They have a very big fanbase at this point, they appeal to the prog people and the death/hardcore people...

coolsnow7 said:
Anyone else think Into Eternity would be the best candidate for Gigantour? They have a very big fanbase at this point, they appeal to the prog people and the death/hardcore people...

Yes, they were mentioned in a previous post. They do have a decent fanbase, but I would question their drawing power. Most IE shows I've seen have been with other bands who draw the crowds, i.e. Stratovarius, Hammerfall, and Edguy.

That being said, I could really care less about their draw, and would love to see them get the exposure Gigantour would provide them. They sure as hell deserve it with all the touring they do. A perfect fit in my eyes...

I think the gigantour 2006 shouldn't have the same bands as 2005. The best thing we can look forward to for the 2006 gigantour is that there's a 100% chance Metallica won't be there. And I hope Children of Bodom can make it to the next gigantour.

Symphony X on first stage = IN YO FACE POWER PROG MASTERS OF CHAOS ON THE FIRST STAGE!!!!!!!!!

But I'd still rather see them on their own tour, because First stage is cool and all, but I wanna see a LONGER SET!!!!!

Im new to the forum but i will start off by showing my awesome pics from gigantour and i got my michael romeo pick and got to meet all the guys that was so awesome.

yea i was like 6 feet from michael romeo!:headbang:

yea its bull they had to play with those other shitty second stage band

DT and Symphony X should have there own tour co headliners!

you can really tell how close we are to symphony x but my friend took pictures of dream theater he was sitting farther back from the main stage but i was right up front so the dream theater pictures arent that great.

Pictures of Symphony X
http://utminers.utep.edu/oquintero/syxalb05/index.html

Pictures of Dream Theater
http://utminers.utep.edu/oquintero/dtalb05/index.html

well... i don't think they'll co-headline, despite the fact that symphony x is one of my all-time favorite bands (probably in the top three or four). i thought they definitely got a good response and whether it's with gigantour or just part of a US tour, i want them to come around here. i'd personally like to see them outside of a festival (i've only seen them once, at gigantour... i've loved them long before that though).

Seeing Symphony X, Megadeth and Dream Theater in one day was one of the best days of my life! If the release/tour of SX's new album coincides with Gigantour 2, I'd say Hell Yeah I'd like to see them at gigantour again. I don't think it'd really matter if they were on first or second stage; it's the amount of time they get to play that matters! And @ JoJo, did you even watch Megadeth? I don't even think they played one song off of risk...