System Of A Down?

witchhunterni

Doom as fvck
Jan 23, 2006
South England
System Of A Down. Personally, I think they are great. I just love their sound, and their often quite bizarre style. What are peoples oppinions here though?

They have a loud, heavy sound, but I don't think they are metal...

TylerTheNuke said:
SOAD are a band that way too many people get stuck on, like pantera. There is way better stuff, and SOAD ought to just be an entry level band. They are a little good at their best moments, but overall they are boring and nu-metal.

come on, I don't have anything against people disliking bands I like, but I can't accept you as argument that they are "boring"... I don't actually like what they are doing now, but there is more variation from song to song in "Toxicity" than in almost any other album, and if you say that being nu-metal is something bad by itself, we don't have so much to discuss.

I will admit that one point in my life i liked System of A Down...but really, they are such a phase band--you will love them for about 3 weeks and then never listen to em again

HateCrew666 said:
I will admit that one point in my life i liked System of A Down...but really, they are such a phase band--you will love them for about 3 weeks and then never listen to em again
I still listen to em, and I've been listening to em for about 2 years. They are a good band to chill out to.

HateCrew666 said:

Yeah, if you're in middle school...

I've liked 'em for what, 7 years?

Since they came out.

I don't follow 'em around or keep track of their favorite colors, but I like their music....

I like these guys . Been into them for a few years so I guess it's not a phase LOL :p They're definitely not for everybody - but what band is ? It's just a matter of personal taste like all these other "Do you like this band" threads .

So whatever . Gonorreah gorgonzola .

their not reallly nu-metal. i love them, i have since mezmerize, since that was the first i heard of them. ^ yes it is all a matter of taste like almost ALL threads! thx for making sence not spewing about how people suck cuz they have a opinoin.

It's the same thing that's going on with Opeth - they've been around for years too and now all the sudden they're everyone's "favorite" band ... well I've been into them both for a few years so I'm not in that category LOL :p

It's cool that people are getting into these bands , but the problem is that most of the n00bs are only familiar with the new stuff (Mezmerize , Hypnotize , Ghost Reveries) ... the older albums are great too - so GO BUY THEM DAMMIT !!! :hotjump: