System Of A Down?

Thasis said:
Their newest album is actualy my favorite. Their older ones are realy good, but I dunno, I just got a good feel from theirn newest one.
Maybe I'll have to give it a good listen...I've heard the two singles, and didn't even bother with it, but I hated "untouchables :puke:

sim_lebowski said:
Do all bands have to have depth? Is it a prerequisite? I love both SOAD and Dillinger Escape Plan. I understand your argument, but its flaw is that you are assuming that all music needs to be deep and meaningful to be enjoyable. Different moods require different music however.

Hehe, DEP has depth :D? I'm saying that they don't have depth OR insane levels of creativity. Needs one or the other. They are okay, but nothing special.

witchhunterni said:
System Of A Down. Personally, I think they are great. I just love their sound, and their often quite bizarre style. What are peoples oppinions here though?

They have a loud, heavy sound, but I don't think they are metal...

My opinion is they are awful... but hey if you like it go ahead and listen to it.

witchhunterni said:
System Of A Down. Personally, I think they are great. I just love their sound, and their often quite bizarre style. What are peoples oppinions here though?

They have a loud, heavy sound, but I don't think they are metal...

Personally, i LOVE system. i just got Hypnotize. Still trying to get my hands on Mezmerize though. Daron is an awesome songwriter. His song, Soldier Side, that is teh best song on the cd next to Lonely Day. Serj has an awesome hairdo, i love Shavo's beard and i still forget what the drummer's name is but i think he's a really great drummer. I hope none of this sounds lame. WEll noryoku must leave now.

Such a lonely day
And it's mine
The most loneliest day of my life

R.I.P.
Alexander Duane Sizemore:cry:
February 23, 1989
March 20, 2006

o_O :Smokin: :puke: :kickass: :headbang: :oops: :err: :zombie: :heh:

Babykabob said:
ah...I WAS mistaken...thanks, didn't hear "take a look in the mirror", maybe I should, as I like their older stuff...
"Take a look in the mirror" was okay... but thier new album is by far thier best album to date. It has regenerated my intrest in KoRn. I'm actually into them again for the first time in about ten years.
I don't so much blame KoRn for thier music going sour. It's all the countless other bands that came out after them and ripped them off that made me sick of them and hate Nu-metal.
It's a story that repeats itself over and over. Somebody comes out and does something fresh and original, and it's not long before the clones destroy it.

I like SOAD, partially because they got me into metal, and partially because they're just a good band to chill to. Depth and/or tons of creativity help a lot, but ultimately what makes music good is the way it makes you feel. If a band isn't all that original, but they can make me feel a certain special way, then I'll still really like that band. SOAD can sometimes give me a feeling that I really enjoy, especially when I want something I can just relax to, rather than lie with my eyes closed in soak in every detail, like I do with some music.

And if you need depth for good music, none of us should be listening to metal. Even the more complex metal bands are pretty simplistic compared to Beethoven and the like. I doubt that most people here (or anywhere for that matter) can even comprehend the depth and nuance of the great classical composers.