Taake

i have new Taake. great album, much better than "Nattestid". better sound, more interesting, maybe more melodic, but still raw, pure black metal!

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~
Yeah, I agree...

Pure blackmetal, with this little folkinspiration in the background...

Just brilliant...

Yeah, it's a good album, and I like that funny
mouth-harp in the background on one of the
songs, think it's track #3 or something?

So, can you people recomend any of Taake's
older stuff? Gimme some songtitles, and maybe
I'll like it :eek:))

Originally posted by Blackspirit

Yeah, it's a good album, and I like that funny
mouth-harp in the background on one of the
songs, think it's track #3 or something?

So, can you people recomend any of Taake's
older stuff? Gimme some songtitles, and maybe
I'll like it :eek:))

http://taake.cjb.net - imho all Taake stuff are good, but "Bjoergvin" is first with good production

Taake captures the essence of Norwegian black metal. This is music that is full of mystical atmosphere of Norwegian forest, and cold grimness of winter. Taake stands for the true evil, haunting beauty, and brutality of BLACK metal. Taake, the project of enigmatic headman Hoest has released two albums, Nattenstid... and Bjoergvin. Nattenstid... is simply the best black metal album from Bergen released after 1994. The music can be described as having similar sound of both Stormblast-era Dimmu Borgir and early Satyricon. If you like Moonfag computer metal and think new Mayhem is best thing since sliced bread, stay away. THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. If you want black metal full of mystical essence of the old evil days, this is band you will enjoy.

Hoest.
band.jpg

I just love taake's music. Actually that's where I got my nick from :)

Anyone got taake's demo? I did an interview with Host and he is very kind and knows the real essence of black metal. I think my favorite track on Bjoergvin is part 4 and 6 it's hard to choose they are all good.

Hmmm. . . I'd like to give Taake a listen. I have read one or two interviews of them, but I have never seen any reviews. Would somebody please point me toward a review? Or, go post a review yourself in the Your Reviews section at UM.

Thanks

Youre right..Taake is one of the last bands-maybe the last form Bergen-Area wich stays to the old ideals and the old sould of norwegian balckmetal.
At last new old school balckmetal from Bergen wich does not sound like old Darkthrone/Burzum/Mayhem...whatever.Im amazed...

Taake is the best black metal band to have come out in a long while. They retain the essence of old black metal, and add a beauty and melodicism to the music, it is truly amazing. I wouldnt say it is similar to Stormblast except in the melodic sound, It sounds a bit like Dark Medieval times in rawness, but has a much more beautiful sound. I heard them (him) for the first time over a year ago, and now have both releases, spectacular. You must ALL hear these albums. This group represents the true beauty in the old style of black metal more than any other.

Originally posted by Ormir
If you like Moonfag computer metal and think new Mayhem is best thing since sliced bread, stay away. THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.

I think the new Mayhem album is great, but I also love the old sound of Mayhem and Darkthrone.... :eek: So is it for me, or not?

Taake sound very interesting. I'll definitely be looking into them, judging from the accolades you people are giving to them.

By the way, could anyone tell this poor Aussie boy how the name is pronounced? Taake has a rather strange double vowel that I don't know how to get my tongue around.... :)

Thanks Phyre.. I guessed as much. And I checked out the S.S.M.T review right after reading this thread.

Taake is indeed original in the true black metal scene. What I like about taake is you can feel the atmosphere he wants to create through his music.

The best Grim and True Norwegian Black Metal band of nowadays. Very atmospheric and cold.
Nattestid is more cold and straightway, very raw and atmospheric. Bjoergvin is more melodic and varied, but the spirit of old school is there.
Keridwen-hostimmortal.jpg