Techno Death & Progressive Death bands

HeavyGabry

A poser in disguise
Oct 12, 2012
Italy
So... maybe here some of you could also be interested in different stuff, a little more extreme? :D :devil:
Many forgotten bands, who gave much and had almost nothing back... such as:

P.S. "Skycontact" is very different from early releases...

Last edited by a moderator:
Too strange? What about something more classic? :D

Got this and "Thresholds" on vinyl... can't understand why Earache has put less care about re-releasing "Thresholds"... just one re-release in 2001.

Meathook Seed - Embedded could use a healthy remaster but, it too is Earache soooo, I may as well wish I could sprout wings and fly :p Better chance of that happening!

Tried to license Thresholds twice to absolutely ZERO response from Earache.

Can't understand at all.......

Meathook Seed - Embedded could use a healthy remaster but, it too is Earache soooo, I may as well wish I could sprout wings and fly :p Better chance of that happening!

Very strange band... what about Disharmonic Orchestra? The debut and the second album were amazing, then they went too far... :Smug:

Very heavy Grindcore touch, but hidden talent to be unleashed in...

I've totally missed this topic for whatever reason. I'm a huge fan of tech/prog death metal. Some favorites include Pestilence "Testimony of the Ancients", Atheist "Piece of Time" and "Unquestionable Presence", Gorguts "The Erosion of Sanity" and "Obscura", Cryptopsy "None So Vile" and Necrophagist "Epitaph" . Also the more technical stuff by Death, Suffocation, Nile, Decapitated and such. Nocturnus and Disharmonic Orchestra are of course great as well!

I've totally missed this topic for whatever reason. I'm a huge fan of tech/prog death metal. Some favorites include Pestilence "Testimony of the Ancients", Atheist "Piece of Time" and "Unquestionable Presence", Gorguts "The Erosion of Sanity" and "Obscura", Cryptopsy "None So Vile" and Necrophagist "Epitaph" . Also the more technical stuff by Death, Suffocation, Nile, Decapitated and such. Nocturnus and Disharmonic Orchestra are of course great as well!

All must have releases!
I've got a real Prog Death treasure from Russia here... Hieronymus Bosch.
Three - great - albums and no news nowadays.

I'm not sure if this band counts, but they are very progressive and have elements of death and black metal, and I've been playing this disc - A LOT - in the past few months.

I'm not sure if this band counts, but they are very progressive and have elements of death and black metal, and I've been playing this disc - A LOT - in the past few months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfnaHfS8NnQ

Would love to pick up that album and the MYSTIC FORCE reissue, but it seems Keith (Bassist) who runs Siegen Records doesn't care to respond to emails from people wishing to purchase his releases. He also told me he has boxes of the first Digital Ruin in his basement. Offered to help him sell them off, but no reply.

Not sure why someone would even try and run a label and not make what they produce available for sale, easily. I mean BIGCARTEL is free for starters and runs via paypal. a dummy like me can even use it.

oh well.

Would love to pick up that album and the MYSTIC FORCE reissue, but it seems Keith (Bassist) who runs Siegen Records doesn't care to respond to emails from people wishing to purchase his releases. He also told me he has boxes of the first Digital Ruin in his basement. Offered to help him sell them off, but no reply.

Not sure why someone would even try and run a label and not make what they produce available for sale, easily. I mean BIGCARTEL is free for starters and runs via paypal. a dummy like me can even use it.

oh well.

Go figure. Hit up the band directly. They're pretty responsive on FB.

Fallen Martyr maybe have some good ideas...
Now, one of the most old school cult bands in Europe, Chemical Breath... don't try to find them on Ebay unless you can spend hundreds of dollars for a single cd.
Maybe one of the peaks of this kind of Metal...

Modern days Death Metal? Why not?
From southern hemisphere...

Found this used CD for 10€ in a shop... worth to be listened to, very modern for being written in 1998!

They also had two albums before this...

DAMN! you are a posting M A C H I N E !

Ahahah, there's so much worth to be listened to... :D

"Elements of Corrosion" is an unsung masterpiece!

I agree!
I'd like to know what you think about Browning post-Nocturnus band, After Death. Their music sounds pretty good, but they're really slow with composing. :( Moreover now they'll do 2 shows in Mexico as Nocturnus... lucky Mexican metalheads!

Wormed from Spain is definitely a promise for this genre.