TESTAMENT

So let's talk about The Formation of Damnation... if nobody minds... :loco:

What amps were used other than the 5150 III? Did Alex use Eric's Deans or did he play his own guitars (Les Pauls these days I think?) How about the bass guitar sound?

The Formation of Damnation = Awesome Album, Awesome Mix. Testament and Andy, great job!

My drummer ripped FOD off the internet but he kept telling me it's so good he's going to buy it anyway. So I caved in last night and listened in his car on the way home from the bar. Wow, granted I was plastered, but it fucken way kicked ass. I can't wait to get a copy.

Had a quick listen of a few tracks just before. At first it struck me as pretty cool, but so far I still prefer the material and sound of The Gathering. IMO the mesas had a much more suitable sound for the style of music Testament do. The 5150 III actually makes me think of a more modern sounding SLO100.

I'll be giving the album some more spins in the near future to hear it all properly!

being somewhat disappointed by latest thrash recordings (death angel, exodus) the testament album is a sign of hope! It's fuckin great to be precisly
I loved the new exodus, but really dont like the new death angel :err:
What is the dvd that comes with certain copies of the cd, thats available for order? Is it a making of the album, like chimaira, reserrection?

Here's a track for download...posted on Blabbermouth...

A brand new TESTAMENT track, entitled "The Formation of Damnation", has been made available for download at this location. The song is the title cut of the veteran San Francisco Bay Area metallers' new album, which is scheduled for release in North America on April 29 via Nuclear Blast Records. The cover artwork was created by Eliran Kantor and can be seen at this location.

http://dailyrindblog.com/audio/testament_theformationofdamnation.mp3

:worship: this new album is kicking my ass already --- and i'm listening to it through the shitty Myspace encoding. LOL. I just pre-ordered the CD + T-Shirt for $22 from CMDISTRO.... what a deal!! :Smokin:

:worship: this new album is kicking my ass already --- and i'm listening to it through the shitty Myspace encoding. LOL. I just pre-ordered the CD + T-Shirt for $22 from CMDISTRO.... what a deal!!
:Smokin:
Dude can u link me, unless its US only. Is it possible to get the CD/DVD instead or is it just CD.

I didn't want to say this because i don't want to get flamed, and i mean no disrespect, But the Drums (specifically the toms) sound to 'processed' and over sampled imo of course..dunno, it just lacks a bit of 'fatness' or 'feel'. Like Behemoths Apostasy where you 'feel' the toms every time he smacks 'em.

It sounds the same as the drum sound from JFAC and similar to Opeth's "deliverance" which I'm not too fond of. If you listen to "the formation of damnation" (the song) and JFAC's "reduced to mere filth" you can hear the similarity. Not sure the reason behind choosing that particular sound for drums 'cuz i know andy has done better (once again Just my opinion).
Despised Icon's latest had a slightly better tom sound, still sampled i know but doesn't lack as much body.
For a Band like Testament where the riffs and beats are really groovy and "head-bang-full" (not a real word) i would assume the "feel" aspect to be more dominant. (one again, no disrespect intended)

dunno, might just be a preference thing, I'm sure a lot of folks here will disagree with me.

I didn't want to say this because i don't want to get flamed, and i mean no disrespect, But the Drums (specifically the toms) sound to 'processed' and over sampled imo of course..dunno, it just lacks a bit of 'fatness' or 'feel'. Like Behemoths Apostasy where you 'feel' the toms every time he smacks 'em.

It sounds the same as the drum sound from JFAC and similar to Opeth's "deliverance" which I'm not too fond of. If you listen to "the formation of damnation" (the song) and JFAC's "reduced to mere filth" you can hear the similarity. Not sure the reason behind choosing that particular sound for drums 'cuz i know andy has done better (once again Just my opinion).
Despised Icon's latest had a slightly better tom sound, still sampled i know but doesn't lack as much body.
For a Band like Testament where the riffs and beats are really groovy and "head-bang-full" (not a real word) i would assume the "feel" aspect to be more dominant. (one again, no disrespect intended)

dunno, might just be a preference thing, I'm sure a lot of folks here will disagree with me.

In this forum, we try to distinguish between "Sampled" and "Replaced." If you are going to make negative comments about AS's (yes I just typed ASS) work then at least get your terminology straight.

I haven't heard the record yet (sober at least), but I can say with 95% confidence that your assessment sucks.

Edit: and don't come back and say, "I know they're not sampled, I'm just saying that they sound sampled" because that would be stupid.

honestly I think production wise this is testaments best mixed record.

Chucks vocals sound Full and In your face
The Guitars are crisp and clear, not the best tone ever (The gathering & Souls of black have that title) but they sound great.
The bass is amazing
Drums are outrageous.

Kudos for Sneap for keeping everyting LOUD and CLEAR, very clean mix.

In this forum, we try to distinguish between "Sampled" and "Replaced." If you are going to make negative comments about AS's (yes I just typed ASS) work then at least get your terminology straight.

I haven't heard the record yet (sober at least), but I can say with 95% confidence that your assessment sucks.

Edit: and don't come back and say, "I know they're not sampled, I'm just saying that they sound sampled" because that would be stupid.

Ok, first of all, i Mentioned (many times) i meant no disrespect so it wasn't like i was just handing out all sorts of shit to Andy's mixes.
I stated My opinion (seeing that this is a discussion board) with reason and examples.
In the opeth watershed Thread, a few people have said they're not fond of the Deliverance drums sound with not much reason behind it.

So why do you give me shit about my opinion when
1 It's a discussion board
2 I meant well in thinking it could be constructive criticism (might not have come out that way)

and not give them hard time.