The best desssert : Mochi

AboutBlank

Nov 27, 2009
Berlin, Germany
Love it!
The consistence is so strange/rad/crazy.

mochi.jpg

It´s good with shoyu. I like them hot, even if I have to heat them in the microowave (it´s pretty funny how they inflates like a balloon).
Anko Mochi is also very good (mochi filled with sweet beans), but it´s a fart machine.

What I do hate about mochi is that they rot very quickly. If you don´t eat it in 3 or 4 days it´s gone.

Had to look this up to see what it is:

Mochi (Japanese: 餅) is a Japanese rice cake made of glutinous rice (not to be confused with gluten) pounded into paste and molded into shape. In Japan it is traditionally made in a ceremony called mochitsuki.[1] While also eaten year-round, mochi is a traditional food for the Japanese New Year and is commonly sold and eaten during that time. Mochi is also a prominent snack in Hawaii, South Korea, Taiwan (where it is called 麻糬, Hokkien môa-chî or Mandarin máshu), Cambodia, Thailand, and Indonesia.

Sorry...but...yuck. I've had my share of Asian rice "desserts". To each his own. But definitely not my cup of tea, so to speak. Tiramisu. Now we're talking. Chocolate. Coffee. Marscaponi (or creamed cheese). Booze. It just doesn't get better than this. :D

Had to look this up to see what it is:

Mochi (Japanese: 餅) is a Japanese rice cake made of glutinous rice (not to be confused with gluten) pounded into paste and molded into shape. In Japan it is traditionally made in a ceremony called mochitsuki.[1] While also eaten year-round, mochi is a traditional food for the Japanese New Year and is commonly sold and eaten during that time. Mochi is also a prominent snack in Hawaii, South Korea, Taiwan (where it is called 麻糬, Hokkien môa-chî or Mandarin máshu), Cambodia, Thailand, and Indonesia.

Sorry...but...yuck. I've had my share of Asian rice "desserts". To each his own. But definitely not my cup of tea, so to speak. Tiramisu. Now we're talking. Chocolate. Coffee. Marscaponi (or creamed cheese). Booze. It just doesn't get better than this. :D

Word to that!

There isn´t much to NOT like on mochi. It´s basically rice beaten until it becomes a paste. It doesn´t have much flavour to begin with. Never knew anyone that didn´t like it.

I'm too AMERICAN to understand what the fuck that shit is. Looks like something I should shoot.

:lol:

I´ve read on the news that 20% of the people in UK have never eaten an olive.

Asian desserts on the whole are pretty disgusting from my experience and what others have told me.

European puddings/sweet food in general >>> everything else

Disagree? ..... Cinnamon Buns, that is all.

I´ve read on the news that 20% of the people in UK have never eaten an olive.
I've never quite understood how these sorts of statistics can be any way near accurate :confused: olives are nasty as fuck though.

Asian desserts on the whole are pretty disgusting from my experience and what others have told me.

European puddings/sweet food in general >>> everything else

Disagree? ..... Cinnamon Buns, that is all.

I've never quite understood how these sorts of statistics can be any way near accurate :confused: olives are nasty as fuck though.

I agree with most of this. (Though...I love good olives. :D :lol:) I've tried plenty of Asian desserts from all my friends over the years. I don't have a palate for Asian food, except for the typical American style greasy Chinese restaurant food, and a LITTLE Vietnamese, Thai, and Japanese foods. But definitely not the desserts.

Here is a blissful Romanian dessert my wife introduced me to. The best can be found in the Sinaia/Busteni area of Romania...where I experienced it. It's called Papanaşi (pronounced papanosh). Imagine a doughnut, but instead of a hole that goes all the way through, a well...that holds sweet goodness. That goodness is a sweet sour cherry jam. Now imagine this served warm with cream drizzled over the top. If you don't like this, we will never see eye to eye on desserts. :lol:

papanas2.jpg

Ahhh the daily mail, lol

But those sorts of things are retarded, there is no way that that statistic can be in any way reliable.
I know I wasn't asked.