The best desssert : Mochi

tried and instantly hated. It was to me like a sticky-tasteless piece of **** Its consistency is just disgusting. I'll never eat it again, thanks.

Looks like the stuff they eat in the Kung Fu Panda Movie.

15796_kung-fu-panda-2-150x150.jpg

Haven´t seen the movie, but being from China it looks like Baozi (also known as Pao), which is a delicious type of bread filled with meat and vegetables and baked through steam. It´s is not a dessert and the taste is somewhat related to the sfiha.

Damn, I´m hungry. My favourite dessert is probably chocolate mousse

mousse_chocolate1.jpg

or petit gateau
petit_gateau.jpg

See, now THAT'S what I'm talking about - and having a very multicultural girlfriend, I have in fact tried Mochi, and it tasted about as good as you would imagine RICE PASTE to (I mean, come on :lol: ) However, I did have it with this sweet red bean paste stuff inside it that was pretty epic, but yeah, overall I have to agree that creamy/chocolatey/fluffy Euro desserts trump east Asian ones (Indian desserts are the ones I have the most experience with, too syrupy for me)

Amandina. Another Romanian dessert, though VERY French inspired. It's so much more than the simple chocolate cake that it appears to be. It's layered, and usually soaked with rum. :) No, I'm not Romanian...but I love the food when I go there. :D

1.jpg

my dessert at university... take a ripe banana (even better if they're over ripe) slice it up, cover in cinnamon, microwave for 2mins, mash it up and devour. So quick and so tasty.

Mochi looks meehh.... and +1 on what Folkrav said, can't stand Indian food.
That Romanian stuff looks interesting though. Originating from Hungary I can say it looks similar to some of the stuff we have. That picture of Papanaşi made me dribble lol.

It all looks nasty to me. I'm assuming the stuff in OP's is sweet. I don't do sweet. Except maybe a touch of honey in my raw cereals.

1.jpg

This stuff looks like it might give me a heart attack from the sugar rush that will undoubtedly trigger an anxiety attack.

I've given up chocolate this week - nearly six days and I've not eaten any. Pretty good considering I was eating a bar or two a day for about a year.