The Car Thread

^you're right... half of the class i took for my driver license, was about Defensive Driving, which was pretty to fix shit done by others drivers, and by the environmental conditions

Yeah, what a fucking absolute load of bollocks!!! Christ. Sorry that you had to read that, Eli, it was pretty shocking. Hope you're not too offended.

Ess en said:
Everyone kept telling me I shouldn't get a gsxr 600 for my first bike 'cause it's too powerful and the angle you have to lean forward at makes it hard to handle. I had never even ridden a dirt bike before, but the bike is incredibly easy to ride. Or maybe I just have awesome balance and a good understanding of what not to do on a bike. =O

Nah, it's not the bike, it's the rider. I rode a 125cc bike for 4 months because I thought the same thing. I was scared of the engine size, the size of the bike etc, but when I got a 600, I couldn't believe how much easier it was to ride around town, and how managable the power was.

The forward lean angle of a sport bike is odd to some people, but I wouldn't own any other bike that isn't that way. I can't stand sitting upright, it's 'boring'. My wrists ached for like the first week because I was using them to take my weight. When you get used to it, you'll learn to shift your hips forward, sit more upright, and use your stomach and legs to take the weight. I even let my mate have a go down a straight empty road and he did 70 with no problems at all, only ever ridden a 125 in his life.

Seriously, if you want a Gixer 600, go for it, you'll never have more fun. :)

Everyone kept telling me I shouldn't get a gsxr 600 for my first bike 'cause it's too powerful and the angle you have to lean forward at makes it hard to handle. I had never even ridden a dirt bike before, but the bike is incredibly easy to ride. Or maybe I just have awesome balance and a good understanding of what not to do on a bike. =O

In California, it's legal to split lanes. And if you try to block the path of a bike intentionally, then that's wayyyy illegal.

And dude, why didn't your sister look before opening the door? I'd say you're sister is fucking stupid. In this instance, anyway, I don't know your sister. XP

Anyway, if she hasn't been driving for very long, she should get a cheaper car. Chances are, you're going to get into an accident earlier on in your driving career. So you might as well wreck your junker.

when she opened the door it was a red light and we thought the cyclist would stop

In California, it's legal to split lanes. And if you try to block the path of a bike intentionally, then that's wayyyy illegal.

Stupid law, no arguments there.

And dude, why didn't your sister look before opening the door? I'd say you're sister is fucking stupid. In this instance, anyway, I don't know your sister. XP

Id argue the point, why didnt the cyclist use some common sense and give a wide birth for an opening car door, or drive at a speed where they can slow down in time. Whatever way you look at it, cyclists dont pay road tax, so they dont belong on the road.

Accidents are for people who are not careful when they drive.

Not all of the time. Accidents are caused because there are multiple types of drivers: Inexperienced, inexperienced driving too fast/outside their capabilities, experienced, aggressive, slow etc. People doing unpredictable things on the roads, and those who dont predict said things. UK as an example, its real problem is that there is too many people on our roads. Everyone has a car, we have a population higher than California on our tiny island.

Most cyclists are responsible and are very cautious.

Wrong. I dont call riding a bike in fog/nightime without lights responsible, and I never see anyone wearing helmets. Dont tell me helmets look gay. They do, but something that could save your life when you hit my windshield, now isnt the time for vanity. Adults are the worst culprits, and children look at the adults as a form of role model, do the same, and who gets killed? The young cyclists. Who is to blame? The motorist.

Id argue the point, why didnt the cyclist use some common sense and give a wide birth for an opening car door, or drive at a speed where they can slow down in time. Whatever way you look at it, cyclists dont pay road tax, so they dont belong on the road.

Not all of the time. Accidents are caused because there are multiple types of drivers: Inexperienced, inexperienced driving too fast/outside their capabilities, experienced, aggressive, slow etc. People doing unpredictable things on the roads, and those who dont predict said things. UK as an example, its real problem is that there is too many people on our roads. Everyone has a car, we have a population higher than California on our tiny island.

Wrong. I dont call riding a bike in fog/nightime without lights responsible, and I never see anyone wearing helmets. Dont tell me helmets look gay. They do, but something that could save your life when you hit my windshield, now isnt the time for vanity. Adults are the worst culprits, and children look at the adults as a form of role model, do the same, and who gets killed? The young cyclists. Who is to blame? The motorist.

We were in a grid comprised of a fuckton of closely packed cars before the lights, there would have been barely enough space for him to fit through anyway.

^you're right... half of the class i took for my driver license, was about Defensive Driving, which was pretty to fix shit done by others drivers, and by the environmental conditions
Yus, Vikk! That's what I got taught as well, when I got my driving license. :)

Yeah, what a fucking absolute load of bollocks!!! Christ. Sorry that you had to read that, Eli, it was pretty shocking. Hope you're not too offended.

Nah, it's not the bike, it's the rider. I rode a 125cc bike for 4 months because I thought the same thing. I was scared of the engine size, the size of the bike etc, but when I got a 600, I couldn't believe how much easier it was to ride around town, and how managable the power was.

The forward lean angle of a sport bike is odd to some people, but I wouldn't own any other bike that isn't that way. I can't stand sitting upright, it's 'boring'. My wrists ached for like the first week because I was using them to take my weight. When you get used to it, you'll learn to shift your hips forward, sit more upright, and use your stomach and legs to take the weight. I even let my mate have a go down a straight empty road and he did 70 with no problems at all, only ever ridden a 125 in his life.

Hey Mr. Ninja! Thank you very much, I'm fine, no worries. :)

Actually I almost hit some 15 year old biker dick (without helmet) with my car :lol: And it was his fault because he just jumped on the main street from nowhere. One of the most scariest things ever happend to me, just like in the movies, my car stopped not even one meter away from him:D

Accidents are for people who are not careful when they drive.

I'd say that accidents are for everybody at some point or another. Driving is one of the most dangerous activities that people take part in, and it's done almost every day. And there are so many people on the road that it's almost inevitable. It's just that inexperienced drivers don't know how to read road conditions as well. At least, that's what I've noticed in my own driving. I just kind of know where to look and when and it's easier to know what I need to concentrate on at a given moment than when I first started driving. But if you've already been driving for 3 years, then I'd say you're already past the whole "you're a new driver so get ready for an accident" stage. =)

I say this all the time. There is a huge difference between being a careful driver and a good driver.

Actually I did buy the gsxr back in march, and I haven't had any problems at all riding it. It's way easy. Going on long trips is kind of a hassle though, as my back gets tired kind of quick and I gotta wear a backpack if I wanna carry anything. You're definitely right about your wrists, though- mine used to get real achy. If I'm working the clutch a lot then my scrawny ass left wrist still does, though. XD

I actually like that law, even though I do think it's dangerous as shit. XD

Id argue the point, why didnt the cyclist use some common sense and give a wide birth for an opening car door, or drive at a speed where they can slow down in time.

Why? Because that particular cyclist was also a fucking tard. Being the smaller, more difficult to see, and much, much more likely of the two getting injured in the event of a collision- the cyclist should have certainly been more careful. But I still firmly believe that you should always look before you open the door. I mean, the mirror's right there, anyway.

I agree entirely. I'm an aggressive driver. I tailgate a lot. I should stop, but I probably wont until my insurance rates get too high or something, haha. That's an interesting thought about UK having more people and more cars than California, too. Cali has a shitload of cars. o_o

Actually I almost hit some 15 year old biker dick (without helmet) with my car :lol: And it was his fault because he just jumped on the main street from nowhere. One of the most scariest things ever happend to me, just like in the movies, my car stopped not even one meter away from him:D

And here's proof that if you can't drive a car for shit, you most certainly shouldn't be on a bike

I'm going to repeat this 'cause I think it's an important point. Being a good driver is entirely different from being a cautious driver. I have a good friend who epitomizes this point, haha.
I would also like to say don't drive too slow. It causes road rage among people like me who have places to be. If you're not in a hurry, then that's fine. But you can be sure that somebody behind you is. So be considerate and either give it a little more gas, or move into the next lane. Thanks for your time. =)

lol. the traffic is a SYSTEM and you should be a part of it, being to slow, too fast, too retarded, is failing at traffic entirely.

Suuuuure....

The car stopped. We all believe that :lol:

Why? Because that particular cyclist was also a fucking tard. Being the smaller, more difficult to see, and much, much more likely of the two getting injured in the event of a collision- the cyclist should have certainly been more careful. But I still firmly believe that you should always look before you open the door. I mean, the mirror's right there, anyway.

Its incredibly difficult to see a cyclist in any of those mirrors when they are in the direction of the mirror itself, which is why the cyclist should take more care than the driver. Final word is, they dont pay road tax, they dont pay insurance, they are a burden on the roads, and they dont belong on the roads.