The Car Thread

My '91 Ram:

truck.jpg

I wouldn't mind owning this as well:

rep4.jpg

my mom drives a honda accord, boring as hell car to drive IMO

has been reliable though, decent gas efficiency.

Just get an Acura TL, it's not that expensive, 270 horses, GPS navigation, extremely comfortable/luxurious driver that is awesome all around.

Who here owns a honda? I'm thinking about buying one because I refuse to buy another american car for as long as I live.

I drove a Honda Accord for about a year before I got the BMW.

It was a great car. I liked driving it around and it was very reliable. Gas mileage was decent as well. I believe it was around 25 MPG on the highway, but don't quote me on it.

I would definitely buy/drive a Honda again. Those things last forever.

I've been looking at civics the last few days. They are pretty decent I suppose, but they are more expensive than I was hoping.

I assume a 01-02 with about 60k miles for 10 grand is pretty good eh?

I'm seriously just sick of american shit. I cannot stand domestic vehicles anymore. It's like, the car I have now is pretty good. I take good car of it and whatnot. Made sure it had a good history and all that. But retarded random shit just keeps happening. Earlier today my ABS TRAC and SERVICE lights all came on. I was like wtf, so I stopped my car, shut it off, started it up and it went away.

What the fucking fuck! It's just a matter of time until this thing goes down the shitter. Worse part is, my brother does autobody work for this shop and he tells me about all the fucked up shit about cars, including the car I have. What types of cars are in there the most often. So its pretty cool having someone who knows what the hell they are talking about give me some advice. He said Honda's are one of the most reliable cars you can buy. So yeah, didn't mean to turn this into a rant.

I've been looking at civics the last few days. They are pretty decent I suppose, but they are more expensive than I was hoping.

I assume a 01-02 with about 60k miles for 10 grand is pretty good eh?

Did you look on Kelly Blue Book?

That sounds about right that as the Accord I had was a 2000 and had about 30K on it when we got it and it was about 10 grand?

I don't remember the price, but it was at least 10K

I don't trust kbb, although I've checked it a few times. I just get a general idea of how much a vehicle is worth to me and start my bargaining there whenever I go buy it. Besides, the prices on KBB fluctuate every quarter, so it's not exactly the most reliable thing in the world.

read my edit on my previous post if you want

i have a 91 carolla wagon, i left a cheeseburger roasting in the sun for 48 hours in about 110 degrees F in the car.... that was two weeks ago and it still smells like a rotting cheeseburger, febreeze, and cigarette smoke. Whilst fighting for shotgun in my own car in my drunken splendor i kicked the windshield and it is all cracked... some high fucker ripped the headrest off and threw it out the window, his death is pending, i will give you updates as they become available... my dad works at a dealership so i got a nice cd player with shitty speakers that are in coffee cans because the wouldnt fit, one blew, and i need to install the sub (i said that about 6 months ago)... umm what else... that about sums it up...

i have a 91 carolla wagon, i left a cheeseburger roasting in the sun for 48 hours in about 110 degrees F in the car.... that was two weeks ago and it still smells like a rotting cheeseburger, febreeze, and cigarette smoke. Whilst fighting for shotgun in my own car in my drunken splendor i kicked the windshield and it is all cracked... some high fucker ripped the headrest off and threw it out the window, his death is pending, i will give you updates as they become available... my dad works at a dealership so i got a nice cd player with shitty speakers that are in coffee cans because the wouldnt fit, one blew, and i need to install the sub (i said that about 6 months ago)... umm what else... that about sums it up...

lol just read this... Sounds like a stunningly beautiful example of automotive engineering and aesthetics. :lol: