The great online gaming thread!

mutantllama

Nov 24, 2005
Maine
What games do you play?
I play DotA. DotA is a Warcraft 3 custom map that kicks ass.
I also play this Korean online game called Gunbound. It's based off of worms and it has crappy events but it is fun when you play it with a few friends.

I play World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Soldier of Fortune 2, and Unreal 2k4. I generally just don't like playing PC games by myself as it is alot less fun. I'll leave single player to console games.

I've recently started playing EVE Online and that is the only online game I currently play really. I used to play lots of Q2/HL mods, Diablo II and Warcraft III but that's all ages ago.

Gunbound is fun as hell!

Recently I have been playing Lord of the Rings Online a bunch, other MMO's I have played are WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes/Villains, Everquest, Everquest 2, Everquest Online Adventures, Final Fantasy XI, and Guild Wars.

Non-MMO's I played online for a decent amount of time- Starcraft, Diablo, Unreal Tournament, Counter Strike, Socom, Socom 2, Halo 2, Mech assault, and many others I did not play for too long.

Used to play Guild Wars, got some championship points, ended up getting sick of the massive commitment I made to it and left behind all MMORPGS after it, though both Tabula Rasa and Fury are looking appealing.

I play BF2, I am quite good at it and high ranked, never got into 2142 as it is just a total conversion and full of bugs, going to leave BF2 for Enemy Territories - Quake Wars soon.

Over the years I have played a lot of games, I was brilliant at Age of Empires 2 when that still had a battlezone on the internet. I also used to play Text MUDs all the time (word based roleplaying games) and hold a certain fondness for graphicless roleplaying.

Oh, forgot CS. I never really played that with clans though, just a bunch of pretty talented guys at an internet cafe when I got bored after work some days.

I also wasted a lot of time over a couple of months playing an Online Tile/Card turn based strategy called PoxNora, it is still fun when I have 30 minutes to kill, I just seem to have completely forgotten about it in recent times.