The Liquor Thread

Doomguy

This is huh, wow...
Apr 7, 2009
Melbourne, Aus
As evidenced by the Beer thread, there are a lot of users here who enjoy a stiff drink or two. This thread is for wine, liqueur or spirits discussion and recommendation.

I'll start by listing some of my favourite spirits.
f%20800091.jpg

CHIVAS_REGAL_12_yo._CUTIE_CARTON70ml.jpg

Famous%20Grouse%20750.jpg

6329-%20GREY%20GOOSE%20VODKA.jpg

I primarily drink beer, my shelf right now consists of

Tullamore Dew Irish Whisky 1.75L
Sobieski Polish Vodka 1.75L
Laphroaig 10 Scotch 750 mL
Ardmore Scotch 750 mL

I should add a gin soon, and probably a cheaper whisky than Tullamore.

Note: I've read that Old Crow is the same as Jim Beam, but re-labeled. Possibly it is a lower quality batch of Beam. Same with Old Grand-Dad.

Note: I've read that Old Crow is the same as Jim Beam, but re-labeled. Possibly it is a lower quality batch of Beam. Same with Old Grand-Dad.
I knew it was by the same distillery, but I've never heard of it being re-labeled. I'll have to check that out.

I know it's low quality and cheap, but I love the smooth taste of it.

I enjoy drinking whisky (Crown Royal, Jim Beam Black), also vodka (Grey Goose, Belvedere). When it comes to hard liquor ill pretty much drink anything besides rum.

Nice to see some love for the Goose here.

I also forgot my most beloved drink of all.
248p_bundyup_rum.jpg

I don't get all the hate for rum here.

My Favorites in no order:
Woodford Reserve
Maker's Mark
Glenlivet
Cutty Sark
Grey Goose
Strong
Jack Daniels
Clan McGregor
Johnny Walker (black or red)
Cabo Wabo
Courvoisier

When in comes to whiskey, I can tolerate low quality swill, but as for any other liquor, it has to be at least semi-high quality. Although, when drinking bloody marys and margaritas, the cheap stuff will do.

I have to say I don't enjoy much whiskey but I can drink some good cold vodka or Fernet, which is a czech sweet liquor, which I always drink with this cute girl I know. But more or less just to get wasted for little money. One drink that I really liked was this greek brandy from the Brettos bar where I've actually been and it was really awesome. Here's a picture from there:

brettos-wine-bar-2-big.jpg

I love working in a bar and having alot of choice to choose from. From cocktails, to some nice local Australian beers and a good range of whiskeys, decent vodkas, rums, gins and liqueurs.

My drink of choice would probably be whisky. I generally prefer highland single malt scotches, compared to blends and Irish, Canadian Whiskeys and American Bourbons.

I like Aberlour 10 years, Glenmorangie 10 years and Glenlivet 15 years. These are pretty expensive so I drink them at work. :p At home, I prefer Glenfiddich or Jamesons Irish. My favourite bourbon is Maker's Mark or Jack Daniels(even though it's not specifically a bourbon).

Never been a huge fan of clear spirits like vodka, though I do enjoy the occasional Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray Gin with tonic. :kickass:

whiskey tastes like donkey piss. tequila is where it's at.

Some red wine from time to time, mostly on festive occasions, and some cognac is all I can take. Can't stand vodka,(how very un-Russian of me) and champagne tastes like vomit to me. I'm not allowed to drink in large quantities anyway; I have a hyper-coagulation disorder(clotting of the blood).

-Sailor Jerrys spiced rum
-Goslings Black Seal dark rum
-Wisers whiskey
-I know it's cliche but I like my Jack Daniels too. Fucking manly whiskey.

In terms of beers, my favorite is Moosehead, I could drink that stuff like water.

Only kind of alcohol I can't drink is vodka. I can't STAND it.

I'm sure if you mixed vodka proportionally in something fruity, you could drink it.

I'm always very skeptical of the whole "tequila makes me get rowdy" or "whisky makes me punch people" type attitudes. I feel like there is no difference between any liquor in terms of impact on people's demeanor.

Not a big liquor drinker at all, but Jack Daniels and Crown Royal have had positive results for me.

I'm sure if you mixed vodka proportionally in something fruity, you could drink it.

I'm always very skeptical of the whole "tequila makes me get rowdy" or "whisky makes me punch people" type attitudes. I feel like there is no difference between any liquor in terms of impact on people's demeanor.

I guess. It probably is a coincidence that every time I drink tequila something bad happens and I go off my tree at someone. I'm generally a passive person. :D

I'm lazy and generally happy without any liquor in my system.

Nothing I've drank has ever changed this.

Now drinking something sugary... and the morning after... that's a different story. :ill: A gut full of Rays Irish Creme + Whiskey is actually pretty good... but FUCK is it misery after that.

Vodka (cheap vodka) is like dumping rubbing alcohol in with another drink just so it'll get you drunk. I've never had any of the good stuff so I cant comment there.

I like a glass of decent whiskey before bed... killed all of what I had last night... I need to take a trip to the shop n save in town.