The official Esoteric thread

You guys wear clothes? :tickled:

Seriously, the initial listening of this album had me performing my own interpretive dance in my living room, tentatively titled "The Unicorns Charge at El-Hadrahjj, And Then Didst Battle With The Mastodon Armies With A Great Sound Of Thunder."

ultimately I think re-recordings are lame so it worked out for the best.
the only examples i can think of that arent totally inferior to the originals would be when In Flames redid Behind Space and Clad in Shadows for Colony. they managed to make the songs sound like colony style without totally ruining them.

Yeah there are definitely a few exceptions to the rule. For example, Suffocation has been re-recording songs from Breeding the Spawn on each of their new albums due to its horrendous production and the re-recordings are great.

But fuck you Exodus and Arch Enemy, among countless others, for shitting on classics.

fuck you Exodus
fuck you Exodus
fuck you Exodus
fuck you Exodus
fuck you Exodus
fuck you Exodus
fuck you Exodus

Anyway, I got both Esoteric and The Blue Record by Baroness today and I've been going back and forth. There aren't enough hours in the day. I don't know if I'm gonna go to class tomorrow.

Pre-order package sold out. They are still carrying Esoteric shirts for those who missed out though and you get 2 free Skyfire guitar picks when you buy it!

Hoodies and other designs being printed too.

Funny, a few days ago I was in the middle of writing how immensely disappointed I was with Esoteric, this was while I was listening to it....stopped midway through, at that moment realizing how cool it was. :)

Though I still say it is a bit of a let down after hearing how mind blowingly amazing the tracks on Fractal were, and expecting an album that I was 100% sure would be their best work and one of the better albums I've ever heard, only to be matched by maybe Katatonia this year.

It's already proven it has potential to grow so who knows what I'll think of it in a year.