The official WORKOUT thread

Mathiäs;8768790 said:
In the next few days I shall begin training for the Army PT testing. 8 minute mile and 5 in 40 minutes. I'm gonna have to put in some work on this as I need to lose 20 pounds.

Tomorrow is also chest and shoulders day for me

You should try doing chest/bi/tri on one day and back/shoulders on another, as each muscle group supports one another. Just tryin' to help :)

you better start averaging a 630 mile for 2mile

Yeah, my mile is right at 8 minutes right now and I'm tired on the last lap. I've got a long way to go.
This thread is just a complete fail on so many different levels..

It's like TMI + Who cares? + Big Dave all in one thread..just rancid of gayness

lol k

You should try doing chest/bi/tri on one day and back/shoulders on another, as each muscle group supports one another. Just tryin' to help :)

Eh I'm well aware of the basic weight lifting formats. I'm into explosive, fast paced workouts that work the entire body while focusing on one or two body parts at the same time. I used to do back and shoulders on the same day but the lifts I do now really don't require much differentiation. My workouts don't last longer than an hour and usually they're shorter than that.

I will need to start distance running, but for now I'm trying to cut my mile time down to 8 minutes on off days and doing steal starts with pushups and ab work on lift days. I really just need to be doing distance every day but I reallly hate doing that

Well if you're concerned with improving your cardio...

If you have access to a treadmill, Incline interval training really helps in a short period of time.

Lets say you have the Incline at full potential (15%) and you're walking at 3.5 MPH for 5 min and then a 1 min break (at 2.0 MPH). Do this as many times as you can ( usually under 30 min ) and your cardio will improve dramatically. Plus you will burn a ton of calories.

do you have a recruiters station nearby? you should see if some NCO will take you running with him, you could easily get to a 7m mile(for 2mile) in 2 months top, I personally am not that fast and have maxed myself out I guess, but most people are quick fucks in the army

do you have a recruiters station nearby? you should see if some NCO will take you running with him, you could easily get to a 7m mile(for 2mile) in 2 months top, I personally am not that fast and have maxed myself out I guess, but most people are quick fucks in the army

I could just do it with my dad's unit too. I just don't feel like it lol