The return of the "How are you today?" thread

If lettuce cured cancer we'd wouldn't even be having this conversation. What the woman had was something completely different, relating to a missing *nutrient*.

I didn't say anywhere that lettuce cured cancer. :rolleyes:

My point was this woman's lettuce craving tipped her husband off.

The above mentioned dude had a craving for chili and Capsaicin is known to kill cancer cells.

Should his friend who noticed this bizarre chili craving have notified him to have it checked out?

Just sayin.

s

Oh jesus, I'll just hold your hand and walk you through it.

Let's begin with the facts: a woman had a craving for lettuce when she had breast cancer. We also know that lettuce contains one nutrient that breast cancer patients lack. Now, this is very likely a coincidence: or else, craving lettuce would be in the list of symptoms for breast cancer. This was probably a feature of this woman's particular cancer secreting specific hormones. BUT, for the sake of argument, let's assume that her body took steps to remedy the lack of nutrient x.

Now, other studies say that capsaicin kills cancer cells. I have serious doubts about this, especially concerning methodology and data analysis, but again, for the sake of argument, let's assume that it's true.

Thing is: unlike a nutrient missing, your body does not know that cancer cells are bad. That's why they're there, in fact: we almost get cancer all the time. Cellular division is a complicated process and something very often does go wrong. But either the defective cells have no drive to replicate or they're different enough to be attacked by the immune system. If it survived as a cancer, it means your body *does not* recognize it as a pathogen. And your body also did not read the study saying that capsaicin kills cancer cells. There's absolutely no reason why someone with a cancer would prefer to eat any kind of food because it kills cancer cells, unlike some food that has some nutrient they're missing. That IF the body can get people to crave things they need, which is pretty much unproven right now.

When we were children, like elementary school age, he began to down whole bottles of frank's red hot and devour whatever food he had in front of him. He definitely didn't have cancer or ulcers or even sarcoma. His diet of spicy food and fast food pretty much lead to the problems he has now.

Look at the conversation, replace "people with cancer" with "fat" people, read the topic again.

s, fat people have a carving for a shit load of types of greasy foods and they obviously eat huge amounts of them too, I guess they have a lack of fat in their body.

I have a big sliver in my foot and cant get it out! :(!!!!
Had to walk with it all day. Then found out the man I need to see about my vacation time has had his position dissolved yesterday. :/
Now...uhhhggg. So tired, so much shit to do :(

fat people have a carving for a shit load of types of greasy foods and they obviously eat huge amounts of them too, I guess they have a lack of fat in their body.

Give this man a nobel prize :lol:

Yeah I heard when fat cells start to shrink they send messages to the brain that make you think the body is hungry, I know this happens particularly while bored, you feel compelled to eat.

His diet of spicy food and fast food pretty much lead to the problems he has now.
I'd say the junk food was the cause and not the spices.

How is he now, still craving spicy food?

I have a big sliver in my foot and cant get it out! :(!!!!

Sliver of what?

I've heard recently of removing splinters with glue, dunno how it'd work if it were in deep.

s

With the purchase of tweezers, I have most of it out. :/

Purchasing managers/directors, and procurement managers/directors guide the organization’s acquisition procedures and standards. Most organizations use a three-way check as the foundation of their purchasing programs. This involves three departments in the organization completing separate parts of the acquisition process. The three departments do not all report to the same senior manager to prevent unethical practices and lend credibility to the process. These departments can be purchasing, receiving; and accounts payable or engineering, purchasing and accounts payable; or a plant manager, purchasing and accounts payable. Combinations can vary significantly, but a purchasing department and accounts payable are usually two of the three departments involved.

f

I've been warned by several people not to go to the part of St. Louis that's in Illinois, ever.

I just saw the Ross Kemp episode on St. Louis.

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=868519451559529"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=868519451559529[/ame]

s

Was nice match Fin won 5-2
Today Fin vs France i think im gonne make a bet 6-0 to Fin

Hell Yeah! :kickass: Hyvää Suomi!

I just finished my semester and I'm waiting for grades. I have no idea what to do, so I'm going to sit here and eat cereal while I draw things.

Aha.. bored to tears.. Can you actually draw or you are just doing some random shapes, saying "so fucking bored"?
Good luck with the grades dude! Hope you won't wait too long :)

3 professors turned in grades, so I'm sitting on three A's right now. Hoping professor number four gives me an A as well.

Nice! 3 A's is not bad at all! Good luck with the forth one.. Hope he's not that kind of bastards you get everywhere, trying to ruin your stuff..

A take on a Grim Reaper-esque character.
grim001.jpg

Batman, that started off as a class doodle.
batman001.jpg

Man, that's awesome!

Thanks. :D

She made it clear, at the start of the semester, that she was a teacher that took grading seriously. She's also a teacher that has not given ANY indication as to what our grades were during the semester. She seems harsh, which is werid for someone teaching an intro class. (Intro to Fiction Writing)

:lol: :D
Wish you luck dude!