The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

I only heard Dummy. I'll have to try the s/t next. iirc my favorite song from Dummy was "Biscuit". Really hazy and trippy.

That's one of my favorite songs of theirs. Sour Times is probably my absolute favorite. I only have Dummy and Third.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuUYZJuzie0&feature=channel_page[/ame]

the s/t is massively superior by my reckoning, MUCH darker and bleaker and subtler, depends what you're into though i guess.

i'm part of the minority who like third more than dummy. 'sour times' owns though.

My list is something like this:

Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, KMFDM, Antimatter, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Return to Forever, Assemblage 23, VNV Nation, Neuroticfish... so basically... prog rock, fusion, and different electronic stuff are at the top.

I'm a sucker for prog rock too. Do you like Nektar?

any fans of Dredg or Jaga jazzist here? just two of the non metals i've been into lately, Phenominal bands

Dredg do a great job of capturing emotion through music and Jaga almost remind me of floyd the way the music flows and a cohesive unit of beauty and design

any fans of Dredg or Jaga jazzist here? just two of the non metals i've been into lately, Phenominal bands

Dredg do a great job of capturing emotion through music and Jaga almost remind me of floyd the way the music flows and a cohesive unit of beauty and design

Yeah Dredg are great.

Back to subject, I mainly listen to a shit ton of prog rock

I like a lot of 60s shit like CSNY, CCR, Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Neil Young (with Crazy Horse also), The Doors, etc.

Also, stuff like Deep Purple, Zeppelin, Rainbow, etc.

I guess I like a good deal of classic rock (sorry to use this term, but can't think of anything else)

Also, I enjoy a bit of grunge. Not too into it though.

I'm in the process of seeking new music outside of metal beyond what I've done earlier, and this time actually buying the music.

list: Queen, Swans, The World of Skin, Dead Can Dance, Death in June, Sol Invictus, Current 93, Tenhi, etc.

I'm in the process of seeking new music outside of metal beyond what I've done earlier, and this time actually buying the music.

list: Queen, Swans, The World of Skin, Dead Can Dance, Death in June, Sol Invictus, Current 93, Tenhi, etc.

sleepmakeswaves