The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I am downloading Manilla Road albums. Do people here hate on you if you sometimes download music? If so I won't post about it again.

I understood and engaged in downloading before the industry caught up with making mp3s and CDs more easily available. There's no excuse now, and hasn't been for some years now.

If most of your listening is done mobile and you have a variety of music interests, any option besides streaming is just irrational. As if I'm going to bring 10+ CDs with me to work and spend all day swapping between them. A smart musician relies on the collective aspect for their hard copy sales.

But I am anti free downloads, mainly because they take up too much space and take too long. I'm good with my $10 a month unlimited server based everything.

The only time I'll buy a cd is at a live show to directly support a band I like. Other than that it's all digital (paid though cuz I'm not a dirty pirate) for efficiency

I maxed out my laptop storage space from cds and stuff. I do have a terabyte now but my new shit I haven’t put it on because I’m sometimes negligent when it comes to learning how to do something new or if it’ll take time. However, I do love Bandcamp because I don’t always put new music on my phone and if I bought it on Bandcamp I have the app so boom unlimited streaming.

I do like having physical copies of things. I spoke to several people and honestly it seems like the music industry everyone benefits often except the band. For example something as simple as band merch (like shirts), there’s often many people who bootleg their merch and make money off the bands name without the band getting anything. As an adult, I’m very sympathetic towards that (you know the whole idea of making money lol) so I try to be mindful of even the merch I buy.

Anyways happy Halloween umf. Literally my favorite time of the year. I drank and went to work on a hangover. About to go and see the lion king on broadway with said hangover. No regrets, turned all the way up on a Tuesday.

Reactions: CiG, Dak and Onder
I like having a physical copy but I listen to all my music in mp3 format. I rip to an external and my phone SD card, and upload to Google Play Music.

I've been here for 5 years already. I have never imagined I'd spend so much time here. Great board.

When are you going to do something with your life or get a life, have you ever thought about it ?

If most of your listening is done mobile and you have a variety of music interests, any option besides streaming is just irrational. As if I'm going to bring 10+ CDs with me to work and spend all day swapping between them.

I'm just fucking around, only a complete psychopath hauls around their CD collection to listen to. I myself just rip my CDs and store them on an iPod, which I only purchased because my Walkman died. :bah:

Speaking of, I want to buy one of those cassette-to-mp3 gadgets soon for this same reason. I'm on work sites way too often to not capitalize on convenience and portability.