Top 10 Metal Albums

gaschamber said:
some of those bands arent really new, behemoth, clutch, mastadon.

NIGHTRAGE! fuckin a! i thought i was the only one, i love em.

check out THE FORSAKEN if you havent already myhatred, THE MOST underrated band out there.

Yeah, I know. Pretty much every band that I listed has been around for at least 10 or more years but they are kinda new compared to most of the bands people listed above. I am going to see Nightrage the 8th of September with God Dethroned:headbang: I haven't heard The Forsaken. Whats a good album to start off with?

The13thCandle said:
1 Sabbath
2 Bathory (RIP Q.)
3 Type O
4 Celtic Frost (pre- cold lake era)
5 Black Flag ( I know, Not metal)
6 Misfits ( Not metal, Blah blah)
7 SOD
8 Cradle of Filth
9 Dimmu Borgir
10 Venom

Black Flag ain't metal? Where's me memory gone to? Or am I thinking of a metal album titled Black Flag but by one of those thrash bands with three letters for their name... Oh, that's a few years back now.

How many albums did Celtic Frost have before Cold Lake? That was the only one I got before dropping thrash/heavy metal in the early 1990s.

I'm surprised to see King Diamond listed several times on peoples' Top 10s. Man, I must've listened to "Them" like 580 times before getting totally physically sick of it and never touching it again. I loved his second and third albums, but refused to get his fourth, "Conspiracy," as word had it that King Diamond was writing his legal troubles with Gene Simmons into the album. I was like, "Fuck that" and dropped him like a hot brick.

Jurched

MyHatred said:
Yeah, I know. Pretty much every band that I listed has been around for at least 10 or more years but they are kinda new compared to most of the bands people listed above. I am going to see Nightrage the 8th of September with God Dethroned:headbang: I haven't heard The Forsaken. Whats a good album to start off with?

all 3 of the forsakens albums are equally good, they kept getting more brutal from album to album though. i recommend getting "traces of the past" first, so you can hear the four covers they do as bonus tracks--blackened, creeping death, spirit in black, you'll never see. i cant stress it enought, FUCKIN AMAZING BAND.

Arg_Hamster said:
Every song by The Kristet Utseende!

VEM ÄR DET SOM STÅR KVAR? KRISTET STÅR NÄR DOM ANDRA FALLER! *TKU, Martin från LOK, m fl, avskedsturnén 1998*

vad helveten auktoriserat inte du rättvis säga? Jag er inte en smula svensk , du veta:D

all 3 of the forsakens albums are equally good, they kept getting more brutal from album to album though. i recommend getting "traces of the past" first, so you can hear the four covers they do as bonus tracks--blackened, creeping death, spirit in black, you'll never see. i cant stress it enought, FUCKIN AMAZING BAND.

Cool, I just ordered all of them for under 15 bucks. I'll tell ya what I think of them when I get them.

Arg_Hamster said:
I almost understood that! :)

I used some online Swedish translator. So for all I know, it could have translated what I typed into "I'm a donkey raper" in swedish:lol: I tried:loco: You got to remember most of us americans only speak english. I wish I knew how to speak other languages. My old roommate knew how to speak french and Italian fluently. Say what you want about the French, but when he would start speaking french to women, it would almost always work in his favor.

"Donkey rapist" works in any language...it's universal...it works even better on extra-terrestrial chicks with 3 tits on their backs. Donkey rape...that's like an ass rape, isn't it...ouch!

1. Metallica-Master Of Puppets
2. Iron Maiden-Powerslave
3. Iron Maiden-Seventh Son
4. Anthrax-Persistance Of Time
5. Slayer-Reign in Blood
6. Megadeth-Rust In Peace
7. Venom-Black Metal
8. Suicidal Tendencies-How can I laugh
9. Anacrusis-Screams and Whispers
10. Crumbsuckers-BOMB

No new school here :)

1. SLAYER - Reign in blood
2. BOLT THROWER - The IVth crusade
3. DARK ANGEL - Leave scars
4. HOLY TERROR - Terror and submission
5. VIKING - Do or die
6. DEVASTATION - Signs of life
7. M.O.D. - USA for MOD
8. S.O.D. - Speak english or die
9. DEICIDE - Deicide
10. RIGHTEOUS PIGS - Live and learn

Let's see...

01. Slayer - Reign In Blood
02. S.O.D. - Speak English Or Die
03. Exodus - Bonded By Blood
04. Metallica - Master Of Puppets
05. Venom - Black Metal
06. Misfits - Earth A.D.
07. Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
08. Dark Angel - Darkness Decends
09. M.O.D. - U.S.A. for M.O.D.
10. Anthrax - Among The Living

This is changing all the time. If you'd ask me to come up with a list of favourite albums of the last decade, I'd have to make a completely different list. But these are (older) albums I still like to listen to.
I started to listen to metal in the mid-eighties, I guess that explains why these albums are in my top 10 list.

schenkadere said:
Ok...let's hear everyone's top 10...yeah, I'm old school.

Mob Rules-Black Sabbath
Holy Diver-Dio
Sin After Sin-Judas Priest
Sad Wings of Destiny-Judas Priest
Rust in Peace-Megadeth
In Trance-Scorpions
Lights Out-UFO
Michael Schenker Group-Self titled
Earthquake-Electric Sun (Uli Jon Roth-unreal guitar album)
Killers-Iron Maiden
You cannot have Priest in the top 10 twice. Megadeth, good band but, really top10 worthy? Maybe with Peace Sells...
Show no Mercy-Slayer
To Mega Therion-Celtic Frost
Game Over-Nuclear Assault
Melissa-Mercyful Fate
Taking Over-OverKill
Bonded by Blood-Exodus
The Legacy-Testament
Mob Rules- Sabbath
Metal Inquisition-Piledriver
Mad Butcher-Destruction

tamponsqueezer said:
No new school here :)

1. SLAYER - Reign in blood
2. BOLT THROWER - The IVth crusade
3. DARK ANGEL - Leave scars
4. HOLY TERROR - Terror and submission
5. VIKING - Do or die
6. DEVASTATION - Signs of life
7. M.O.D. - USA for MOD
8. S.O.D. - Speak english or die
9. DEICIDE - Deicide
10. RIGHTEOUS PIGS - Live and learn

id put darkness descends before leave scars.

gaschamber said:
id put darkness descends before leave scars.
I know. That's what most people do. But I like Ron Rinehart more than Don Doty. Anyways I'm jamming "Darkness Descends" right now and it's make me bang my head in front of my computer :headbang:

These are 80's thrash bands? Where the hell was I? I used to go see some obscure bands but never heard of these guys. I first saw Metallica on the Kill Em All tour in some little dive...they were just kids, like me...Venom, Anvil, Fist, Demon, Angelwitch...shit like that. Turn me on to some good names and albums...80's and 90's thrash stuff.

1. Anthrax: P.o.T
2. S.O.D : speak english
3. Slayer: Reign in BLood
4. Iron Maiden: Poweslave
5. Strapping young lad: heavy as a really heavy thing
6. Megadeth: rust in peace
7. Motorhead : the very best of
9Suicidal Tendencies: LIGHT CAMERA REVOLUTION
10. Napalm Death: Harmony Coruption