Top 80's horror movies

Agent_Steel

New Metal Member
Feb 7, 2006
Midian or sumtimes glasgow
This is off topic but what r u're top 80's horror movies?

1-Nightbreed....."shut the f**k up!"
2-Hellraiser......."i'll tear u're soul apart"
3-The blob......"squidge..squidge"
4-Evil Dead ...."groovy"
5-Pumpkinhead......"ahhhhh"

Friday the 13th

That movie came out when I was 16 and seeing it at the theater scared the crap out of me! It was one of the first horror movies I saw (other than the Dracula and Werewolf movies) that really brought to life the gore and blood to such a "realistic" look (for that time/decade)

American Werewolf in London was another fave of the 80's for me.

now I only rent horror movies and watch them in the comfort of my home as the graphics/special effects are so realistic these days its tooooo scary for me!:zombie:

I liked the Nightmare on Elmstreet movies alot...Also Hellraiser, Childs Play, Aliens, the Thing, Poltergeist, Re-Animator, etc...I watched hundreds of horrors in the 80's, even bought those expensive (over here anyway) American horror mags like fangoria and stuff...

kittybeast said:
Friday the 13th

That movie came out when I was 16 and seeing it at the theater scared the crap out of me!

No way! You have to be younger than me, and I think I was younger than that when I saw it. I was with my Mom. It was a double feature and we walked in halfway through Friday the 13th and I got so freaked out I had to go wait in the lobby.

For serious.

I'm a big p7ssy, basically. :confused:

61m.gif

All the Fulci movies like Zombie, House By The Cemetary and The Beyond.
Friday The 13th films up to 3 after that film the other films were just plain
stupid.
Dawn Of The Dead and Day Of The Dead by Romero.
TricK Or Treat-for amusement purposes.
all Barker's movie incl. his stuff in the 90's talking about an MIA I missed
that dude.
John Carpenter films like The Fog, The Thing and Halloween 1-3 (that's
right I liked the third installment)
Stephen King's books and films like Salem's Lot( that might have been a seventies film), The Shining and so on.
The Omen series because I always root for the villians.
Argento films rule as well!

"Dawn of the Dead", though actually not an 80's movie... I grew up in Pittsburgh so you know that has to be a fav...
"Aliens" is one of the greats...
I saw "Friday the 13th" in the theater, too. I was 14, and it was awesome. No wonder I became a metalhead. The same year I saw my first concert (1980), too: Saxon, BOC, and Black Sabbath. I will never forget that. October 3rd, 1980 was a good day!

Horror movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK for the 80's:

"Hellraiser"+ "Hellbound"
"An American Werewolf in London"
"A Nightmare On Elm Street"
"Evil Dead 2"
"The Dead Zone"
"Scanners"
"The Howling"
"Poltergeist"
"Lifeforce"
"Night Of The Demons"
"Re-Animator"

P.S "Nightbreed" is from 1990

David (my husband) has me searching all over for the US release of Cemetary Man aka Delmorte ????? Has anyone seen this movie? It sure is hard as hell to find!:tickled:

Hawk said:

Thanks Hawk! You know us Northerners, Yanks, people across the pond...don't ever go to sites outside of USA because our DVD formattingis differant. I suppose if he wants this he will just have to watch it on the computer. thanks again bro for the info! You know where I'll be tonite.....:wave:

kittybeast said:
Thanks Hawk! You know us Northerners, Yanks, people across the pond...don't ever go to sites outside of USA because our DVD formattingis differant. I suppose if he wants this he will just have to watch it on the computer. thanks again bro for the info! You know where I'll be tonite.....:wave:

You know that there are region free DVD player from cheap brands that you can get for a few bucks? I have one myself it was 99 euro's and eats everything I feed it.

See here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...ectronics-aps&keywords=Region free DVD player

All good movies listed above but where is SUSPIRIA!?!
horror perfection soundtrack and visually.

@Kitty Delemorte delemore is a pretty cool flick, hope you find it, now I must get back to my ossuary!

My fave horror movies were generally made in the '70s, that was horror's golden age to me! My favourite 80s ones though would be:

- Maniac (1980, USA)
- Cannibal Holocaust (1980, Italy)
- Pieces (1983, Spain)
- The New York Ripper (1982, Italy)
- Tenebrae (1982, Italy)
- Phenomena (1984, Italy)
- Opera (1987, Italy)
- The Burning (1981, USA)
- Zombi Holocaust (1980, Italy)
- House on the Edge of the Park (1980, Italy)
- Basket Case (1982, USA)
- Trick Or Treat (1986, USA)
- Demons (1985, Italy)
- Re-Animator (1986, USA)
- A Blade In The Dark (1983, Italy)
- Mother's Day (1980, USA)

:headbang:

kittybeast said:
David (my husband) has me searching all over for the US release of Cemetary Man aka Delmorte ????? Has anyone seen this movie? It sure is hard as hell to find!:tickled:

"Dellamorte Dellamore". Saw it on VHS several years ago, great Italian zombie flick with Rupert Everett in the main character. Directed by Michele Soavi who also directed "La Chiesa" (worth to check too).

Check here for availability:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A1L0DA/qid=1140227453/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/002-2628203-7301652?n=130

P.S Meh, Hawk beat me to it :(

Priest of Evil said:
All good movies listed above but where is SUSPIRIA!?!

horror perfection soundtrack and visually.

"Suspiria" (one of the great films by Dario Argento) is from 1977.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - 1 and 2 (haven't seen the rest)
Friday the 13th - the 1st 5 minus part 4 (the ones after 5 suck)
Halloween 2
creepshow
the shining

um i'm sure that i am missing some.