Traditional Doom Metal

I think it works pretty well, too bad they have too much of a Krux sound which I'm not a big fan of. Of Stars and Smoke is a hit song though.

Apparently some project band called Concept of God, which includes Robert Lowe on vocals, is finally releasing an album after some years of delay. Not sure of the exact style of music it is supposed to be.

Also, Robert Lowe did vocals for a band called Last Chapter on their release The Living Waters.

I agree, there is something pure about classic doom, and I plan to explore it more in the nearish future.
:kickass:

Re Candlemass: I'm completely blown away by Nightfall each time I listen to it. I want to get the band's Ancient Dreams and Tales of Creation albums as well, though I've heard that they pale in comparison to the first two.
Re Cathedral: I listened to Forest of Equilibrium and found it really underwhelming and bland for the most part. Maybe I'm missing something.

Nah, you're not missing anything that album is really boring. They really did their best work as a stoner outfit.

Scald
headbang.gif

I really need to pick up the final Reverend Bizarre album. I have the Teutonic Witch single, and it's crushing, as usual. I suspect that it will make my year end top ten.

I really need to pick up the final Reverend Bizarre album. I have the Teutonic Witch single, and it's crushing, as usual. I suspect that it will make my year end top ten.
More like top 1!

Seriously, the last track (except the hidden/outro) is their best song ever after In the Rectory. It is just totally crushing, sad, emotional, etc. Perfect way to end their career.

The only thing remotely wrong with it imo is that it is abit too long, I usually want to listen to whole albums and when it is 2+ hours you can't just put it on anytime and hope to finish it. :(

I hope I can get it before the year's ended, but it's seemingly unlikely considering the amount of crap I keep buying. I don't even know of any US distros carrying it right now. I still need to get Doomsword, Holy Martyr, and several others as well. I probably won't be able to make a best of 2007 list until July. :(

Yeah I really need to get the new Doomsword too, and also the new Thunderstorm. Never seen the Thunderstorm album on any of my usual distros I buy from though, so don't really know where to get it.

The new Doomsword is top 3 of the year for me (with Rev Biz and Darkthrone), easy. It's also the best album by them since the self titled, and that's saying something.

HOUR OF 13 IS GOING TO KILL. Should be out in a couple weeks. I'm sure that will be on my year end list (in July) as well.

Candlemass -epicus... and Cathedral-FOE are my favorite traditional doom metal albums as of now.

Trouble are great also.

I picked those albums because they have Black Sabbath influences. And a few traditional doom songs : The Riddle Master, Cirith Ungol, Dreams Of Eschaton , The Master Of The Pit...