Two Members Leave Outworld

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Taken from Bobby's Myspace blog:

Keyboardist Bobby Williamson of the Texas metal band OUTWORLD has issued the following update:

"Due to overwhelming and stressful tasks that I took on, rehearsal schedule problems, sleep deprivation and damage to my hearing (tinnitus), I have made the decision to leave OUTWORLD. This was a hard decision to make, but I feel it’s best for me.

"Rusty Cooley [guitar] and I, the founding members of this band, began OUTWORLD years ago with the vision of putting together an amazing metal band that could measure up with the quality of bands like SYMPHONY X, DREAM THEATER, etc., and I think we conquered that vision to a degree. However, things have changed for me, it became not fun anymore and too hard to persevere with little positive return.

"But I’m not done with music! And I look forward to writing music of my own...not sure which direction I will take yet as far as a project or a band.

"I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all of those devoted fans we have gathered over the years that truly believed in us. You helped us win the Famecast video competition, an amazing and gloriful accomplishment that each of us will never forget. Cheers to you!

Carlos is leaving because of family issues back home.

A note from Rusty:

Matt, Shawn and I will continue with a second guitarist no more keys we are going for a much heavier sound. We are also going for a different style singer we are not looking to replace Kelly or Carlos we are just looking for a badass metal voice and that could be a lot of things.

We will let you all know whats up when more details arrise.

Bummer to see Carlos and Bobby leave the band.... :(

I blame Bobby's tinnitus on all the people that downloaded music without paying for it. This is all their fault.

I blame Bobby's tinnitus on all the people that downloaded music without paying for it. This is all their fault.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:Good call

But in all fairness Ihated to see Bobby make this decision, but i know it's for the best, he is one of my very best friends, and I wish him the best of Luck.
I guess all the pople that were at TEXAS MADFEST 2007 got to see the only show of OUTWORLD with that line-up.

WOW, THAT SUCKS!!!! I friggin' love this band. The new songs sounded great w/ Carlos...Oh well, you have to do what's best for you in the long run....

A note from Rusty:

Matt, Shawn and I will continue with a second guitarist no more keys we are going for a much heavier sound. We are also going for a different style singer we are not looking to replace Kelly or Carlos we are just looking for a badass metal voice and that could be a lot of things.

Sucks to hear all this...especially the decision to go forward without keys. The keyboard work on the S/T is killer & helped give their material a prog flavor. That and the mention of a heavier sound probably means an abandonment of any prog tendencies too I guess...which again sucks. I also guess no release of any new material was an indication that changes were bound to happen.

what do you say?????
I say bad timing.
And lets face it, it's really not the case where I can just call them saying, "Hey guys I'm your new singer!"

Now, doing so would not be entirely without precedent. At least not from a swede. Messiah did just that. He called Leif Edling saying that he, (Messiah), would be their, (Candlemass), next singer. :cool:
Oh, and Bobby would be the only guy in the band I "sort of" know.

If they do ask I can't say I'm not interested but, wouldn't you say it's time I got my shit together and released those albums already before I go ahead and do something else?

I guess all the pople that were at TEXAS MADFEST 2007 got to see the only show of OUTWORLD with that line-up.

Wow, we surely did!

I hope Carlos Z.'s family issues aren't too serious, also. He seemed like a nice guy and -- for some odd reason -- seemed really happy to talk to me via a mutual friend's cellphone at a Masquerade show a few months ago. (WTH.....I was just some guy who happened to be at TX MadFest.... :))

It does sound good doesn't it? Says the guy that spent half of his day listening to 'Hold Your Fire' and 'Grace Under Pressure' over and over...

Don't you ever, EVER apologize for listening to those. :headbang: :)

I say bad timing.
And lets face it, it's really not the case where I can just call them saying, "Hey guys I'm your new singer!"

Now, doing so would not be entirely without precedent. At least not from a swede. Messiah did just that. He called Leif Edling saying that he, (Messiah), would be their, (Candlemass), next singer. :cool:
Oh, and Bobby would be the only guy in the band I "sort of" know.

If they do ask I can't say I'm not interested but, wouldn't you say it's time I got my shit together and released those albums already before I go ahead and do something else?

yeah your right bad timing, damnit, but hey it was worth a shot. I mean when i hear what direction OUTWORLD is going and i hear your voice, well they mesh like peas and carrots.

They had this lineup at NAMM last year, unless they played 1 person short. It sure was a good show at Madfest though! I'm real happy we all got to see them when we did, but I excited to see what will come up in the future for them all! :)

I know that leaving a band is never an easy decision for any party. So I wish the best of luck to Bobby and Outworld in which ever directions their musical lives take them.

I say that's a mighty fucking good call.

-MetalRose