Urgent Stereo Mix Bus Compressor

ShamStalin

Metal Head
Nov 18, 2010
Malaysia
Im in a rush to make a confirmation on buying a compressor, I need some suggestion for 500 Euro compressor for Vocals/Accoustic Guitar/Stereo Bus Compression [Glue], help =S

Hmmmm, I just ordered this :

Audio Technica 4050, Shure SM7B + SM57 + Audix i5 + UAD-2 Solo + Twinfinity Mic Preamp + JoeMeek MC 2 Compressor Pair , Radial Engineering RMP + Orange Dual Terror + Pro Tools 9 + TC Helicon Voice Work Plus Rack.

For Mix Bus Compressor, I think I'll buy plugins from UAD...for specific purpose.

nothing will give you the glue like an orignal ssl stereo buscomp, believe me.
id save all my money for that.

I have a clone. I spoke to several others that have hardware and they all agree. Hardware is a bit rounder and fattens the transients a little bit. But if it is worth from 1-2000€ more, i don't know. Of course as better you get at mixing the more dainty you get.

I really like the Glue others prefer the waves one. Any one of those 3 you suggested is great and will get the job done

I have a clone. I spoke to several others that have hardware and they all agree. Hardware is a bit rounder and fattens the transients a little bit. But if it is worth from 1-2000€ more, i don't know. Of course as better you get at mixing the more dainty you get.

I really like the Glue others prefer the waves one. Any one of those 3 you suggested is great and will get the job done

I have not yet figure out how it's possible to compress more than 4-6dB without incurring in an annoying pumping effect.

Ermz said that even with his clone hardware he could compress more than 4dB.

In any case, I think that both Waves and The Glue are valid plug-ins too. I haven't had chance to try Duende yet. Hope to do soon.

Giuseppe [giubis]

I've always found the waves SSL to RUIN the stereo image. whether in stereo or multimono.
The smart C2 in my experience kills it.

I have not yet figure out how it's possible to compress more than 4-6dB without incurring in an annoying pumping effect.

Ermz said that even with his clone hardware he could compress more than 4dB.

In any case, I think that both Waves and The Glue are valid plug-ins too. I haven't had chance to try Duende yet. Hope to do soon.

Giuseppe [giubis]

I used 8dB of GR with the Duende native buss comp. Don't hear pumping

I have a clone. I spoke to several others that have hardware and they all agree. Hardware is a bit rounder and fattens the transients a little bit. But if it is worth from 1-2000€ more, i don't know.

it is worth every penny, when you mix INTO the buscomp.
some people just throw it in at the end of the session....

you really have to learn to mix into the comp,
its like playing an instrument. sure the duende is really good,
but it just doesnt "feel" like the real deal.

mixing is about all about feel. at least to me.

using the buscomp as an instrument, youll love an ssl buscomp more than you could
ever love a plugin. if you have to stay in the software world, id go with a litte less compression on duende stuff.