Vessel - my solo project featuring Blaze Bayley

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Hey guys,

I have been working on this release for around a year now, and finally, FINALLY, it is ready to share with the world.

I have always wanted to start a solo band/project where I retain complete control, but utilise the talents of other to realise my ideas, and around this time last year I decided to finally record some of my songs that have no other outlet, and see what happens. The opportunity came up to have Blaze record some vocals for the project, and I ended up getting him to do about as much as I could, as I knew it would be an amazing experience. It has been.

Anyway, enough talk. I will be selling the cd through Bandcamp before Christmas. Until then, the facebook profile can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/thevesselproject

And the debut track, the first song off the cd, can be found here:

http://youtu.be/2siFZpapuY8

I hope you enjoy and can chuck a like on my FB and video. As I said, there is more Blaze material to come, so stay tuned for details on the cd in the coming weeks!

:D

Nice work Blitz.
Very cool!
For some reason, I was expecting any music you put out to sound a bit more like System of a Down, Darron Malakian.... Not sure why? But this sounds good man.

I'll ask the question.... How did you get Iron Maidens ex vocalist to sing on your unknown guitar dude from Australia's first single?

Hah that is an awesome comment...because one of the songs on the release is directly inspired by Malakian. I am a big fan. I look forward to sharing it with you.

The idea of getting Blaze involved started when I saw a while back that he was doing a few guest vocal spots/session recordings (The Sinnergod song we were talking about recently being one of them), and thought it would be a lol if we could get him to sing backing vocals to my friend (who sings lead on two tracks, and backing on others), along with having Lord Tim fucking shredding over the top. Just overblown ridiculousness from a couple of guys recording in their bedroom and ticking an item from their bucket list. I emailed his management and after talking back and forth about the release for months on end during the recording process, he ended up singing those backups, as well as lead vocals on 4 other songs. I am still in awe by it.

It was session work, so he was paid per track as per the arrangement. This is the case with each thing you will see pop up that Blaze appears on of late (like the Sinnergod track), and is also how he started working with his current guitarist Thomas Zwijsen. Thomas booked Blaze to sing on some of his acoustic tracks (which are AWESOME if you haven't heard them. A new EP is on the way from this collaboration I believe), and they hit it off.