Welcome to the official HEX forum!!!

rgbeach

Feb 11, 2002
Chicago
www.hexology.com
Hello everyone and welcome to the official HEX forum!

We're thrilled to be here on ultimatemetal.com, and hope to see a lot of discussion about all things HEX. So, please post!

For those of you who don't know our music, click over to www.hexology.com for a listen. And, let us know what you think!

Hi guys. I've been listening to my Hex cd and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. It's a nice change of pace from all the nu-metal that has been coming out. Finally something different!!! :headbang:

Of course you can ask. You gave it to me this past weekend. This is Jenn by the way. :wave: However, that doesn't change what I said above. It's all true. I think you guys got some hot stuff going. And so does everyone I've played it for.

Originally posted by Kambriel
Of course you can ask. You gave it to me this past weekend. This is Jenn by the way. :wave: However, that doesn't change what I said above. It's all true. I think you guys got some hot stuff going. And so does everyone I've played it for.

Duh! I thought it was you!:wave:

hi! :)

I just listened on mp3.com to all three samples.
it's definitely stuff I'd buy. the music spreads a certain mood.
also, all instruments seem to be equally important, that's great :) (awesome bass lines :headbang: )

Originally posted by opacity
hi! :)

I just listened on mp3.com to all three samples.
it's definitely stuff I'd buy. the music spreads a certain mood.
also, all instruments seem to be equally important, that's great :) (awesome bass lines :headbang: )

Thanks so much for nice feedback! We absolutely try to have good separation between the instruments and try to keep all the parts as dynamic as possible. (I'm sure Dan will be thrilled that you enjoyed the bass lines!)

Bob

Thanx opacity! Glad you noticed the bass lines. I like an active bass, but it can be subtle and go unnoticed by many listeners. Good ear, man.

Later,

DanG

:oops:

it's just that the first thing I pay attention to is usually the bass :D dunno why, I just like this instrument and its function in a band :)
which equipment do you use, btw Dan?

I use a custom Warwick Corvette 4-string as my axe. I went direct on our initial recordings, but I also have an older GK head and cab I use. Plus, I just picked up a Line 6 Bass Pod Pro that I'm itching to lay down some tracks with.

Cheers.