What are you into these days?

I've been listening to something very unusual lately: Novembre - all of their albums. :D

The 3rd and the Mortal - Painting on Glass (experimental, calm, intense music from norway - a big influence to Novembre)

In Extremo - 7 (folkish/modern music from germany)

Woods of Ypres - Pursuit Of The Sun & Allure Of The Earth (Interesting atmospheric black/doom metal from Canada)

Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe (Awesome technical/progressive metal from norway)

Pelican - The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw (awesome experimental metal, haven't heard their previous era as death/grinders)

Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Caliban - Shadow Hearts
Novembre - Classica
Klimt 1918 - Dopoguerra
Born From Pain - Sands Of Time
Heaven Shall Burn - everything...
Bolt Thrower - Warmaster

Heaven Shall Burn's "Antigone" is fucking good!
I reply with

Dredg - Catch Without Arms
Dismember - Massive Killing Capacity
Dismal Euphony - All Little Devils
October Tide - Grey Dawn
Orphaned Land - El Norra Alila
System Of A Down - Mezmerize

just to name some :)

No! I was just lying! Just trying to partake in the group here! I barely listen to them :( ! shame on me! shame on me! :D

And just to add, I really like the Blackfield album. It has been growing on me :)

as of late its been the same old stuff for me...

Necrophagist-Epitaph
(for those who dont know of this band, you might want to check these guys out if youre into the really fast deathmetal type stuff with amazing leads)
heres a couple mp3s:
Seven.mp3
Stabwound.mp3

Opeth- Orchid/Morningrise
(cant get into the new album at all... am i the only one that doesnt really like it?)

Novembre- every album hehe

Klimt1918-undressed and secession
(thanks to you guys! :headbang: )

Agalloch-Pale Folklore and The Mantle
(check this band out if you havent heard them... theyre from oregon, USA... very acoustic/folk type stuff with a melodic black metal influence?)
here's a couple WMA files im hosting...
track 2 from 'the mantle'
track 5 from 'pale folklore'
you'll have to 'right-click and save'

WORN_CARILLON said:
October Tide - Grey Dawn
well, well, i'm glad to see this :D i like more rain without end, but i love them both...

NovemberMourning said:
Opeth- Orchid/Morningrise
(cant get into the new album at all... am i the only one that doesnt really like it?)
morningrise is my fav. opeth album with still life. :headbang:
i haven't listened to the new album yet, so i wouldn't know...
NovemberMourning said:
Agalloch-Pale Folklore and The Mantle
agalloch are awesome! the first thing i heard of them was pale folklore and then i just wanted more and more! :headbang:

as for me, i've been into pelican lately, they are an a w e s o m e band!!! really talented guys.
then...
lumsk - asmund fregdegjaevar
in the woods - three times seven on a pilgrimage
porcupine tree - everything
sigur ross - agaetis byrjun
vintersorg - till fjälls

quantitatively, these are the main ones i think...

I got a lot bored with Necrophagist, i like them in the first riffs but after a while I can't stand them no more... they're fuckin' skilled however...

My last listenings:
Subliminal Crusher - Antithesis (thrash death from Italy)
Sopor Aeternus - Songs From The Inverted Womb (I love it, I should buy it soon)
Metus - Di Niente Facciamo Parte (totally mad avantgarde extreme metal from Italy, no vocals and a lot of synths)
Otyg - Sagovindars Boning (make me dancing lol)
Inchiuvatu - Piccatu (sicilian folk black metal, rules!)

Awesome to see another New Zealander into Novembre, Erishkagal.

I'm currently into these bands the most at the moment (changes pretty often):
Novembre
Vintersorg (both of these are my favourites so yeah its pretty typical)
Dredg - El cielo
Ephal Deuth- Painters Pallette
Opeth-Damnation
The Old Dead Tree
Nile
Ulver
Isis-Panopticon (Had it for a few weeks now)

The Old Dead Tree are fucking good, even if their last album is not as great as The Nameless Disease... it's too regular...
About Ephel Duath, they're still too weird for me to understand them...

Ephel Duath are awesome! It's not something a band to understand, but to groove against! they're avantgarde, remember?

I've been lately into:

Änglagård - Hybris / Epilogue <- probably the best Prog. Rock I've ever heard, about to become my second favorite band. They remind me a lot of Ephel Duath, they're like the Prog. Rock I've always been looking for but never found any other band.

Edge of Sanity - Crimson (I) - Finally got ahold of this 40mins song masterpiece!

Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache - Mainly for the title track, but all around very nice, although I tend to dislike emo/metalcore bands, this one is pretty skilled.

P.S: I am not spellfixing what I just wrote, since I haven't sleep the whole night and am at work staring a shitty screen and wishing to find a bed somewhere here :D

Nostalgiaplatz said:
Edge of Sanity - Crimson (I) - Finally got ahold of this 40mins song masterpiece!

i searched for this album for months when it was out of print... fortunately i found 2 original pressings, and had mike from opeth sign them, even if he only did guest vocals and guitar. :loco:

amazing album, i didnt like crimson 2 as much though... :erk:

Crimson II production is weird... but the songs are great, I think dan used to be a great producer back in the days of "Not a lot of technology at hands"...I don't like much of Bloodbath's production as well, but I love Novembre and Opeth cd's produced by Dan Swano.

Ive been listening to

-Shining - IV
-Lustmord - the place where the black stars hang
-Vlad Tepes/Torgeist - Black Legions Metal split
-Make a change....Kill yourself

The Minds Eye said:
Awesome to see another New Zealander into Novembre, Erishkagal.

Hey heyy!
Yeah, I havn't really come accross many Novembre fans at all. Which comes to no suprise. There are a few though.

Palmy aye. Have never been there, but my friend did and I might go see her soon so should be good to look around there and stuff.