What are you listening to?

Mad Season - I'm Above. Because I am seriously nostalgic tonight, so we're swapping vids of 90's Seattle bands with a friend on fb ;)

Last few days I'm obsessed with Harvest Moon, the new album of a Polish prog band Votum. There are several Riverside fans out here, and I highly recommend Votum to them (and everyone else who likes progressive music in general). You can listen to New Made Man, one of the songs off Harvest Moon here: http://harvestmoon.pl/new_made_man plus some fragments of the others. The album is a concept so it's really worth to give a try and listen to the whole story which is simply amazing, both lyrics and music-wise. Although they aren't creating a new quality of prog metal, their music is a quintessence of the genre. And me flattering isn't just because I think they should get much more recognition, especially outside their homeland - I really mean it :) And I hope you'll enjoy it ;)

I don't know why exactly, but I love this. Addicting as hell.

As long as it ain't Harlem Shake... :devil:

I'm still in one of my Alice in Chains moods. They last anything from a week to a month. The latter seems to be the case this time.
But, hell, Alice In Chains are such a great band. I've always liked them better than the rest of the Seattle bunch and always thought they were a bit underrated. They are actually heavier and Layne Stayley was such a great singer. Such a shame that he had such a terrible and tragic end :(
William DuVall isn't bad at all and I've only seen them with him. It was great and very emotional for me, but it's not the same.

And this - this gives me the f*ckin' goosebumps.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are actually heavier and Layne Stayley was such a great singer. Such a shame that he had such a terrible and tragic end :(
William DuVall isn't bad at all and I've only seen them with him.

I saw them once with Staley, back in '93. A very emotional gig for reasons beyond the band itself. Since then, they've become my soundtrack for moments of raw catharsis in extreme situations. To the degree that it makes me feel somehow awkward if I hear them by chance e.g. at a bar.

Now listening to the new Hanging Garden - pretty good stuff, roughly along the lines of Swallow The Sun.

I only saw it recently and looked for it on purpose (I hate being behind on the trends, however I may hate them), so I do believe you :D

Ok, fine, I lied, I watched few seconds of it, but it was against my will, so to speak :D Still, it was just enough to witness the...I have no idea what that is.

But really, I try to avoid most trends, especially internet memes, trolling, loling and whatever. Never liked it much.

It was freaky. It was middle of the night - the coldest night in my life, as a matter of fact. It was not dark, though, but more like dusk (that was my third night in Finland and I was still struggling with the idea that it doesn't get dark in the middle of June). It was drizzling, in the middle of a pine forest by a lake; Pasi was wearing a leather skirt and a fishnet vest, though I was informed that he usually appears onstage in the nude. (Perhaps it was too cold that night). Music-wise I don't remember much - it was mostly screaming in Finnish and some droning. Pasi looked like he was in dire need of exorcism.
I do try to appreciate art, but sometimes it's just a bit too much.