What are you listening to?

I can't get into the Soen album. It's so boring.

I think it's a step up from their debut album and they are moving towards having their own sound. They are mapping out a territory in the depressive progressive map. Not the most energetic, sure, but the percussion gives it some drive. I'd put it on par with the most recent Katatonia releases --respectable and good when it fits the mood.

You might like this. It's from the debut album of a two piece band. Really heavy and well done doomy death metal. Great stuff IMO.

I had to look to see where they were from. Portland. It figures. You can hear the mix of nordic metal and stoner doom. Something about the Pacific NW that just seems to lend itself to atmosphere.

Just checking out these guys, because the excellent review on Imperiumi made me curious. Interesting stuff.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g3tMnCcfBw&index=3&list=PLajSj3v7HASRB6qHb-SOmrvQe2bQNl530[/ame]

^ Very interesting.

I said a while back in another thread that I liked Borknagar well enough, but never really loved them or thought them brilliant because of their vocal melodies. I finally gave Urd a chance. What an excellent album. Everything comes together so much better on it that it did on Universal. It's the first Borknagar album that I can listen to straight through from beginning to end rather than as isolated songs on mixed playlist.

Must admit that this song in question is rather a new one to me (friend gave Story-collection album to me, so there were couple of tracks that I haven't listened before), but nevertheless I like those 70's-vibes in this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't heard that song in ages. It's one of the first Amo songs I've heard and fell in love with. The Brother-Slayer that is.
I've heard The Lost Son way later, and that one is amazing too.

Thanks for reminding me.