What are your favorite nostalgia albums?

Ozzy - Blizzard of Ozz
First metal album I ever listened to. Six years ago.

Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper
First extreme metal album I ever dove into. Maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Still love it today. It's my favorite metal album STILL.

Nagelfar - Virus West
My first black metal album. Maybe about 3 years ago. I hated it at first... but I revisited it two years ago and fucking loved it, and THAT was my gateway to black metal. The bonus track, the cover of Transilvanian Hunger, was what got me into Darkthrone, and thus into black metal.

Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid (got me actively interested rock/metal, more or less)
Deus Ex OST (music and game alike owned my pre-teen/early teenaged years; I considered myself a fan of "techno" on the merit of the Airfield Action track alone, knowing jackshit about actual electronic music)
Marathon OST (objectively many of these songs are terrible, so my only explanation for my love for them are the memories of running around having Nerf gun wars with my brothers)

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

Funny thing is, my dad used to play this and ELP's Brain Salad Surgery all the fucking time when I was a kid - those two albums were like his Friday night ritual for a while, and we would often chill on the sofa together with the lights off listening to them. So it seems they ought to be chock-full of nostalgia for me, but for the most part they're not. As I listened to them later on in life, they took on a different meaning because of my ability to better appreciate them, and I felt like my random childhood associations with them had no place next to the thoughts and feelings that were inspired by the music itself. I think some music is too 'heavy' a listening experience for life memories to intrude on that experience.

Word to your moms, I came to drop bombs
I got more rhymes than the Bible's got psalms

The Used - The Used (one of the first albums on which I could tolerate anything "harsh", vocally)
This. It was also my first harsh vocals album.

Anything by Hypocrisy and Slayer reminds of getting into metal.

Anything by Trist makes me nostalgic, partially because that's one of the emotions the music is going for and partially because I've been listening to it almost non-stop for the past three years.

@vihris: Groovy. My mom can cook yours under the table.:p

No, that didn't come out right. I recall Hubster saying something similar when comparing his mom's cooking skills to someone else's.

Nautilius Pompilius. A famous Russian rock group from my childhood.Awesome lyrics for those who understand, and well, great music reinforced by a flood of memories for me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_I4lnmKkPM&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoClhCA5OG8&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8LrdaBKqng&feature=related[/ame]

@vihris: Groovy. My mom can cook yours under the table.:p

No, that didn't come out right. I recall Hubster saying something similar when comparing his mom's cooking skills to someone else's.

Oh, so your mom could cook mine huh? Well mine could lock yours in a gas chamber.

The Beatles - White Album - probably my most listened to album as a child
Beat Street Soundtrack - Takes me back to being a breakdancer in primary school
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock - first hard rock album, led me to metal
Metallica - Master of Puppets - First metal album
Slayer - South of Heaven - First Slayer album I got really into, parts of it still give me chills every time I listen to it
Alice in Chains - Dirt - I got into this album when I was at the pinnacle of my extreme metal phase, it was my favorite album for about a year I think
The Prodigy - Music For The Jilted Generation - My first electronic music album, up until then I thought all electronic music was utter rubbish

Oh, so your mom could cook mine huh? Well mine could lock yours in a gas chamber.

For all your cyber-bullying needs, get our newly released handbook for the helplessly selfish and for the selflessly helpless(yes, it appeals to all, folks!)entitled From Anorexia to Zilch-a-poopia(Cannibalism and Pseudo-Nazism included). Designed specifically to insult and impress your virtual peers on the double.
Comes with a nifty pair of boxing gloves, a makeshift gun and a wireless helmet that will emulate a brain concussion each time an insult is flung at you. Make sure to fiddle around with the voltage settings for extra thrills.
Procure your copy of this wonderful bundle today!

You know, an insults instruction manual.:p
As for the accessories: you use gloves for asserting punchlines by punching the monitor, a helmet so you can physically feel your peers' feedback and a gun for extreme cases: all the fake death and terminal disease wishes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoClhCA5OG8&feature=related[/ame]

By the way, if anyone's interested here is an approximated translation of the lyrics in English.Great stuff, in my opinion.

Forced trust stains like soot
I take someone's hand but feel an elbow
I search for eyes but feel a stare
where above the heads there is a rear(meaning rear side, ass)
After the red dawn comes pink dusk
Bound by one chain
Tied by one goal
Bound by one chain
Tied by one...

Here trains are limp but spaces(distances) are huge
Here joints were crumpled to make columns
One set of words for kitchens, another for the streets
Here eagles are dropped for broiled chickens
And I'm in alignment even when kissing(keep my balance)
On those who are bound by one chain
Tied by one goal
Bound by one chain
Tied by one...

It is possible to have faith in the lack of faith
It is possible to do(stuff) without anything to do
The poor pray, pray to us
that their poverty is guaranteed
Here you can play to yourself on a trumpet
But however you play, all you play is retreat
And if there are those who come to you
There'll be those who come for you
Also bound by one chain
Tied by one goal
Bound by one chain
Tied by one...

Here women search but find only old age
Here the standard of work measures exhaustion(not the end result)
*Here there are no crooks in offices from leather
Here the former look like the latter
And are probably not less tired than the last
To be bound by one chain
Tied by one goal
Bound by one chain
Tied by one.

*leather and skin are the same word in Russian