What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
This is it. What albums do you think need to get a proper reissue? List 'em here. Maybe we can already tell you about status of some of them as we have reached out to tons of bands already and not all have responded favorably to a reissue, unfortunately.

For me it's the following:
1. GREAT KING RAT - Great King Rat
2. DR. KNOW - Wreckage In The Flesh
3. WARGASM - Why Play Around?
4. HITTMAN - Hittman
5. SHOK PARIS - Steel & Starlight
plus many, many, many more.

1. Arbitrater - Darkened Reality
2. Gammacide - Victims of Science (though I got this ultra rare masterpiece! :lol:)
3. Assorted Heap - The Experience of Horror
4. Coven - Blessed Is The Black

I was going to say Ceremonial Oath, but I read recently that a reissue set is in the works.

Here are a few I'd love to see:

Anacrusis: Screams & Whispers, Manic Impressions - yes they're easy to find but remastered versions would rule
Axe: self-titled, Living on the Edge
Conception: all
Coroner: all
Ded Engine: Hold a Grudge
Drive: Characters in Time
Fifth Angel: self-titled, Time Will Tell - again, they're available, but remasters would kill
Heavy Bones: self-titled
Helstar: Multiples of Black
Lion: all
Magnum: Wings of Heaven, Vigilante, Rock Art - these all need remasters
Marchello: Destiny
Pink Cream 69: self-titled, Games People Play, One Size Fits All
Powermad: Absolute Power
Praying Mantis: Predator in Disguise
Roughhouse: self-titled
Roxus: Nightstreet
Saints & Sinners: self-titled
Seduce: Too Much, Ain't Enough
Snake Charmer: Smoke & Mirrors
T.T. Quick: EP
Tyketto: Shine
Unruly Child: self-titled

There's also a ton of mainstream stuff that needs reissuing, like the Dokken, Ratt, Tesla, Cinderella and oh yeah Metallica catalogues.

As I stated in another thread I'd really like to see the Razor back catalogue reissued. Unidisc did some crappy reissues of their first couple of albums on cd a few years ago and the latter albums have recently been done, well, on vinyl. A unified reissuing on cd would rule the world!

Other than that there are of course hundreds more to consider. A lot of them are already mentioned like Powermad, Assorted Heap and Wargasm. I would like to see well-made and remastered reissues of Angel Dust's two first albums, "Into the Dark Past" and "To Dust You Will Decay" . Two BRILLIANT albums!

As I stated in another thread I'd really like to see the Razor back catalogue reissued. Unidisc did some crappy reissues of their first couple of albums on cd a few years ago and the latter albums have recently been done, well, on vinyl. A unified reissuing on cd would rule the world!

Other than that there are of course hundreds more to consider. A lot of them are already mentioned like Powermad, Assorted Heap and Wargasm. I would like to see well-made and remastered reissues of Angel Dust's two first albums, "Into the Dark Past" and "To Dust You Will Decay" . Two BRILLIANT albums!

Yes, not sure HOW the Angel Dust albums have only been left to the bootleggers still?! If Century Media couldn't land them while the band was on the label not sure it will ever happen.

I have spoken to Joey of Powermad and I am hoping with the upcoming new album that Absolute Power and the EP will be reissued. I know I have put an offer on their table for sure, but nothing came of it.

I was going to say Ceremonial Oath, but I read recently that a reissue set is in the works.

Here are a few I'd love to see:

Anacrusis: Screams & Whispers, Manic Impressions - yes they're easy to find but remastered versions would rule
Axe: self-titled, Living on the Edge
Conception: all
Coroner: all
Ded Engine: Hold a Grudge
Drive: Characters in Time
Fifth Angel: self-titled, Time Will Tell - again, they're available, but remasters would kill
Heavy Bones: self-titled
Helstar: Multiples of Black
Lion: all
Magnum: Wings of Heaven, Vigilante, Rock Art - these all need remasters
Marchello: Destiny
Pink Cream 69: self-titled, Games People Play, One Size Fits All
Powermad: Absolute Power
Praying Mantis: Predator in Disguise
Roughhouse: self-titled
Roxus: Nightstreet
Saints & Sinners: self-titled
Seduce: Too Much, Ain't Enough
Snake Charmer: Smoke & Mirrors
T.T. Quick: EP
Tyketto: Shine
Unruly Child: self-titled

There's also a ton of mainstream stuff that needs reissuing, like the Dokken, Ratt, Tesla, Cinderella and oh yeah Metallica catalogues.

so many on this list to do!!

I've mentioned my number one pick before, but I'll gladly mention it again: Intruder - A Higher Form of Killing. I unfortunately was not into metal when it was most recently reissued, so I've never been able to pick up a copy.

Many of Running Wild's albums need reissuing. As far as I know, Gates to Purgatory was recently reissued, and when I was in Germany this summer I did find some of the early-mid 90's albums, but most of them are quite difficult to find in North America.

Some other ones I wouldn't mind seeing:

Assassin - The Upcoming Terror (I read this was being reissued, but I haven't seen anything about it?)
At War - Retaliation/Ordered To Kill
Denial - Antichrist President
Nuclear Assault - Survive
Razor - Open Hostility, Custom Killing, Shotgun Justice
Uncle Slam - Will Work For Food (loved your reissue of Say Uncle!)
Vio-lence - Nothing To Gain

There are a lot of cool OSDM records that I'd also like to see reissued, but those always take a backseat to thrash reissues :p

3. WARGASM - Why Play Around?

*****EDIT*********
I am not used to this moderator thing yet, and i edited and erased some of your thread accidentally. I AM SORRY!! - Matt

Some great mentions so far, and if I didn't own originals of alot of my favorites which are pretty obscure finds now, i'd have a huge list. Also, many of my most desired albums have been reissued already and are pretty easy to come by. The one I want the most though its:

No Mercy-Widespread Bloodshed

others I would love to see/have:
Deathwish-At the Edge of Damnation
Gothic Slam-Just a Face in the Crowd

Whoa! A lot of great suggestions being thrown around here. The only albums that come to mind (and haven't already been suggested) are:
Manic Depression - Impending Collapse
Revocation - Empire of the Obscene

Some great mentions so far, and if I didn't own originals of alot of my favorites which are pretty obscure finds now, i'd have a huge list. Also, many of my most desired albums have been reissued already and are pretty easy to come by. The one I want the most though its:

No Mercy-Widespread Bloodshed

others I would love to see/have:
Deathwish-At the Edge of Damnation
Gothic Slam-Just a Face in the Crowd

I have been trying to find out who has the rights to that NO MERCY masters because it's crime that it hasn't been on CD yet at all. Nobody i have contacted has any clue who owns it. But considering Suicidal recently once again re-recorded some of it I would say they don't own original masters.

Gothic Slam and i have been chatting on and off for over a year about doing their stuff. Right now it's in holding pattern but I am hopeful i can make it happen.

Deathwish - that album has no master recordings available. it's apparently the holy grail of thrash album masters in the UK right now. it's a big mystery.

I've mentioned my number one pick before, but I'll gladly mention it again: Intruder - A Higher Form of Killing. I unfortunately was not into metal when it was most recently reissued, so I've never been able to pick up a copy.

Many of Running Wild's albums need reissuing. As far as I know, Gates to Purgatory was recently reissued, and when I was in Germany this summer I did find some of the early-mid 90's albums, but most of them are quite difficult to find in North America.

Some other ones I wouldn't mind seeing:

Assassin - The Upcoming Terror (I read this was being reissued, but I haven't seen anything about it?)
At War - Retaliation/Ordered To Kill
Denial - Antichrist President
Nuclear Assault - Survive
Razor - Open Hostility, Custom Killing, Shotgun Justice
Uncle Slam - Will Work For Food (loved your reissue of Say Uncle!)
Vio-lence - Nothing To Gain

There are a lot of cool OSDM records that I'd also like to see reissued, but those always take a backseat to thrash reissues :p

OSDM album #1 i want to reissue and nobody will give me an answer as to why it's not in print is MONSTROSITY's debut. Rob from Cannibal/Solstice cannot even find out why. The fact that this album is out of print STILL is insane.

WARGASM won't happen as far as i know. I came pretty close actually, but it didn't work out. but i never give up until i am given a definitive "NO F**KING WAY, DUDE" which i didn't get.

NUCLEAR ASSAULT - spoke with Danny and he said that the main label owning it wants six figures to license it. which is crazy.

UNCLE SLAM - been chatting with the US guys about a 2 on 1 of WWFF and WGD. we shall see what happens.

Scanner - Hyper Trace
Cancer - Death Shall Rise
Lord Belial - Enter the Moonlight Gate
Maxx Warrior - Maxx Warrior
Pyrexia - Sermons of Mockery

Oh wow, let’s see here;
Slave Raider (all 3, more suited for Divebomb)
Deaf Dealer: (both and the unreleased third)
Powermad – Absolute Power
All the Hexx
Confessor – Condemned
Glacier – EP (good luck if anyone wants to give it a go)
Lords of the Crimson Alliance
Bitch – Betsy
Black Death – (if Auburn can’t do it then give it to me or Divebomb, we can make it happen)
Purgatory – Tied to the Tracks (same as above)
Takashi – Kamikaze Killers
First four Pantera albums
Black Roses soundtrack because I still have not replaced it since… HAHA
Girlschool – Running Wild
All the Sound Barrier
Catalogues; Heavy Load, Faithful Breath, Picture, and Oz
Jeez I could go on forever with this