What tuning do you most enjoy using?

My favorite tuning is......

• E Standard (don't fix what aint broke)

Votes: 37 48.1%
  • D Standard (I share your vision)

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • C Standard (I think I can be heavier than you)

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • B Standard (I like tuning real low/I'm depressed)

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • A Standard (I have alot of issues with my mom)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Some sort of Drop-Tuning, or variation of

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Some ancient Persian tuning nobody has ever heard of

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My '87 Charvel Model 3 is tuned to Eb standard and my shitty Hondo 760 is tuned to C standard. I like the low tunings, but a lot of my songs were written on the Charvel and don't translate well into lower keys.

In an ideal world I'd have 4 guitars, each tuned differently (E, Eb, D, C) and a 7 string tuned to B. It's gonna take a TON of cash, but someday it will happen. :cool:

Here is my setup. peavey 5150 II with 2 4X12 cabs. The top has 75 watt celestions and the bottom has 50 watt mesas (big low end). I have a Japanese strat with a Dimarzio evolution in the bridge and a chopper in the neck. I have a lexicon rack unit for delay and shit. I use 10-52s. I find the best tunings are definatly Eb and D standard, they just sound and play the best.

With my metal band, I play some sort of dropped tuning...

EBGCGC...

There is some really great interaction with this tuning. Othewise, I play standard E and sometimes drop D.

Alex

I'd have to say standard tuning on a 7 string. Everything sounds so much more crisp in standard for me anyway. Although, in Novembers Doom we tune to standard C then drop the C to a Bb which is great. There is something about tuning in a drop D format that just sounds killer on some stuff. I just gotta find a baritone guitar now to hold that tuning better.

I generaly play B tuned Guitar. I use heavy gauge strings and have no problems with string slackness or a muddy sound. About as high as I go these days would be D. I just can't get into the ole E tuning these days.

i use standard for my bass, because when i try to put anything lower than Eb, it just flops and sounds like shit
its very annoying, as i cant play most of my favourite bands' songs
is this normal? does anyone else have the same problem?