Where is everyone?

19:01. Got back from a run a little while ago. About an hour, not too bad. Feet hurt from walking about 2 hours total (3 increments of 40 minutes on pavement) earlier in the day in dress shoes. Considering skipping dinner, not really hungry.

9:30 here.

Waking up, making some coffee and realizing this is pretty much the same as the "what are you doing right now" thread, but with times.

I know exactly what noir is, but still I can't put it into words. I've tried to explain the phenomenon to people before, but I just can't do it. My knowledge is implicit. Does anyone care to try to give an explicit definition of it?

Well it's perhaps not THE definition, but it's at least what 'noir' makes me think of:

A person, often a type of alcoholized investigator, describes his day using a present tense first-person narrative. The narrative is often stylized in a note-like manner; verbs, adjectives, adverbs and determiners are removed from noun phrases. This technique is utilized in order to create a dramatic effect, giving the noun an ambiguous punch it wouldn't otherwise have carried. Thus, instead of simply stating "It's morning" ("ok, it's that time of the day"), the person will state "Morning" ("oh my, I'm curious to find out what occurred the night before, leading up to this point"). The settings are also very dark, lightbulbs exist but they never cast strong lights, no mon chéri?

2:08, listening to Cloven Hoof and wondering if I should cut the grass or not.

oh, and changed my avatar.

9:38 a.m.

Relaxing on the Internet at work. Teaching in about an hour. Today's school lunch is omurice.

omurice1.jpg

He'd be a fucking moron to disagree. They are basically all that I listen to these days.

Out of all the bands that I know and love,they'd be at the very top of the list along with Sloughfeg but i'd say that Summoning beats them,there's no other band that I know of that are as perfect as Summoning.I love their old and new stuff,Oath bound is phenomenal and the day they release a new album I will probably shit myself.