WTB: Br00tz Reamps

JohnGalloway

Mar 29, 2012
Hudson, FL
I have a Prog/Groove/Deathcore/whatever metal track I need some tasty reamps for.
Track length is about 8 minutes. In total, there is about 6:30 of rhythm guitars that need reamping. Just L and R.

I'm looking for a tone not too different from these:
Periphery "Periphery II" -
Oceano "Depths" -
Of Mice & Men "The Flood" -
Structures "Divided By" -
Vildhjarta "Masstaden" -

In short, something with fairly edgy palm mute action that is generally pretty balanced. Something that works well for this whole "djent" thing.

I'm thinking Peavey 5150/6505/Ultra, Axe FX, whatever sounds good.
Initial offer is $40. Payable via PayPal.

PM or reply if you might be able to help me out!
Here are the DIs and backing track!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9992828/Random Shit/Xehanort - Shinigami Reamp Pack.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a monster of an amp, a custom one, absolutely Br00tal. I looking forward to reamping some djent stuff with it

Let me try : I'll post you the result on sunday.

Give me the download link and I'll get through it the next days.

AM

I gave a try. Please PM me your email adress so that I can send you the files.

AM

I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I could get to reamping this in the next few days.

hahaha, funny, I already have the EXACT tone you're looking for dialed in for a full-length im mixing/mastering at the moment (Beyond the Dust from France)

HEAVEN.

tried getting the kind of tone you're looking for from my 6505+...just wasn't really happening

sent the tracks thru my krank...and insta-boner

I didn't reference the tones you were after, I just tried to create a Brutal and Unsettling :ill: guitar tone to suit the music. :lol:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24344836/Shinigami Guitarhack.mp3

Disturbing music. Well done!

Not what I'm going for, but definitely makes the music sound darker! Brilliant. Haha

hahaha, funny, I already have the EXACT tone you're looking for dialed in for a full-length im mixing/mastering at the moment (Beyond the Dust from France)

HEAVEN.

Donne moi le tone, s'il vous plait <33

MIGHTA have pushed 8k a bit much with the Neve BUT:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80419253/REAMPS/CHARLES%20J%20-%20XEHANORT%20REAMP.mp3

REAL EVERYTHING. Boost > 2ch Dual Recto > 1960B > Single 57....EQ straight away on the way in with the Neve.

It's tough trying to get a Recto to have that djent "axe-fx" quality but I just went w/the old-school Thordendal stylee'

It's STRAIGHT VIOLENCE @ around the 0:20 marker... good lordddddd

THALL was my reference here because I love that band so fucking much and this has a lot of similar elements... awesome material....god damn

MIGHTA have pushed 8k a bit much with the Neve BUT:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80419253/REAMPS/CHARLES%20J%20-%20XEHANORT%20REAMP.mp3

REAL EVERYTHING. Boost > 2ch Dual Recto > 1960B > Single 57....EQ straight away on the way in with the Neve.

It's tough trying to get a Recto to have that djent "axe-fx" quality but I just went w/the old-school Thordendal stylee'

It's STRAIGHT VIOLENCE @ around the 0:20 marker... good lordddddd

THALL was my reference here because I love that band so fucking much and this has a lot of similar elements... awesome material....god damn

:yow:
CJ.
This tone is fucking brutal. Haha.

Here are my test reamps. Alpha is a standard mix tone that I normally go with, but may not be to your liking judging by the listening material. The tones you want I think I can approximate with different amp settings and some post EQ, so Epsilon EQ is trying to emulate the tones in the clips, and I posted the RAW Epsilon recording as well, for shits.

Alpha RAW

Epsilon EQ

Epsilon RAW

Here are my test reamps. Alpha is a standard mix tone that I normally go with, but may not be to your liking judging by the listening material. The tones you want I think I can approximate with different amp settings and some post EQ, so Epsilon EQ is trying to emulate the tones in the clips, and I posted the RAW Epsilon recording as well, for shits.

Alpha RAW

Epsilon EQ

Epsilon RAW

They sound awesome!
If I wasn't so in love with CJs tones, I would deff go for Alpha. Very balanced and large-sounding. Plus the palm mutes are so HNNG.

I can hear noise though, in between parts.
Wish I wasn't a noob so I could figure out why noise is added when I export/re-import audio clips. :[

@&#9675;Charles J.

I personnaly prefered the first one. Heavier. Cool djent tone.