You may not agree...

OldScratch said:
I disagree, with both this assertion and that Pantera's dissolution necessarily left a hole in Metal. Pantera was really pretty well beyond their creative heyday by the time they crapped-out. And honestly, LOG is doing nothing that hasn't been done a thousand times before - I'm not saying they necessarily do it badly, but there is nothing ground-breaking or terribly innovative there. The Metallicas, Slayers, Venoms, Panteras etc. of yore were pioneers(some far more so than others) and thus their reputations stand despite often lackluster efforts in their extended careers. I don't see LOG anywhere near that class of band. Your milage may vary...

Yep, I'll have to agree with this. :)

Evil? said:
Sixx, you were 100% correct. I picked up Sacrament yesterday and have listened to it a few times, and it is definatly growing on me. I have even grown to enjoy Redneck which I initially thought was horrible.

"If" you're open to what is current in heavy they are it. They are a very good band, like with other things or bands not everyone gets it...
"Redneck " is their next single/video off the record by the way...

sixxswine said:
I don't recall if you're a Pantera fan or not, but he sounds like Phil Anselmo at times...

I love "Cowboys From Hell" and like Powermetal and Vulgar Display of Power. After CfH, Phil started getting away from singing and got more into the growl screech and scream thing. After VDoP, they totally got away from clean vocals and I didn't like it.

Bryant

Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power were excellent. I was not a huge fan of Far Beyond Driven or The great Southern Trendkill, but I really enjoyed Reinventing the Steel. It has a differnt feel than the other albums. It has a "we're not trying to impress anyone, we're just trying to rock out and have a great time" vibe to it that I really dig.

Originally Posted by Evil?
Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power were excellent

cowboys from hell is in my top 10 all time albums.

but im aa huge pantera fan and i do like all of their albums.

sixxswine said:
Those records are essential just like Metallica's Master of Puppets, Kill 'Em All
and Ride or Megadeth's Peace Sells or Rust in Piece....
I'm going to have to disagree with you here, I don't think they're essential albums. Although I don't really like Pantera at all.

Maybe to an extent, but I just don't think they're essential albums. I don't find the material to be of "essential" quality, compared to other albums.